Famous for being home to Crayola Crayons, Easton, PA, is an iconic spot. What was once a central transportation hub for the steel industry, now produces a significant amount of wax.
If you drive in the 27,109 resident city of Easton, you'll need car insurance. When you want an affordable price on coverage, an independent insurance agent can help. Connect with a local expert today.
Is Car Insurance Mandatory in Easton, PA?
Pennsylvania auto insurance requirements:
- A minimum liability of $15,000 per person/$30,000 per accident/ $5,000 property damage.
Your Easton independent agent may suggest higher limits than the minimum requirements. This is because the majority of accidents will exceed your coverage. Speak with a local agent on your auto policy options.
Coverage Options to Include in Your Easton, PA Auto Policy
Car insurance will automatically include liability, but other coverages are optional. That means if you want insurance for your vehicle itself, you'll need to add it. Check out the coverage options in Easton, PA:
- Rental car coverage: This will provide reimbursement up to a preselected dollar amount for a rental car.
- Gap coverage: This will pay for the difference between your auto loan and the value of your vehicle.
- Medical payments coverage: This will provide for your smaller medical expenses when you're at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is not a collision.
- Tow coverage: This will pay for the tow of a covered auto.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
Your car insurance policy needs to have adequate protection. Optional coverage can supply the insurance you need. Connect with an Easton independent agent to discuss your limits.
Uninsured Motorists in Easton, PA
Drivers who don't have proper insurance share the same road. When you want protection for you and your loved ones, uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM coverage is needed. Let's look at the percentage of uninsured drivers below:
- National average: 13.0%
- Pennsylvania average: 7.6%
Whether you drive an SUV or an ATV, you'll want UM/UIM coverage. UM/UIM will provide insurance for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Speak to your local independent agent on your UM/UIM insurance.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Theft Rates Impact Your Easton, PA, Premiums
When you live in a city with a higher rate of theft, you'll see an increase in insurance costs. Local crime will impact your auto, home, and business policies. Let's take a look at the average theft rates:
- National average: 228.9
- Pennsylvania average: 102.4
- Easton average: 92.1
Easton has a comparatively lower rate of theft than the state and national averages. This will mean your car insurance premiums could be less expensive. Contact your Easton independent agent to see how crime will affect your costs.
The Price of Car Insurance in Easton, PA
Carriers will use several items to determine your insurance premiums. While the car you drive matters, it's not the only criteria used. Some rating factors you should be aware of are below:
- Crime rates
- Catastrophic events
- The coverages you choose
- Your claims history and insurance score
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
- The year, make, model, and value of your car
Each policy is individualized to the driver. While a ballpark figure may be close, the only way to have exact pricing is to get quotes. Connect with an independent agent to compare costs with local carriers.
Are You Covered as an Uber Driver under Your Easton Car Policy?
Contrary to popular belief, a personal auto policy will not have coverage for rideshare of livery-for-hire services. This includes when you drive for Uber or Lyft. Ask your independent agent the following questions:
- Does my current auto policy provide coverage when I am transporting people?
- Does my current auto policy provide coverage when I am transporting parcels?
An adviser will likely suggest a commercial auto policy to have proper coverage. Since rideshare services are considered a business exposure, you'll want business insurance. Connect with an Easton independent agent on your commercial coverage.
Connect with an Easton, PA, Independent Agent Today
An Easton, PA, independent insurance agent can save you time and premium dollars. If you're shopping for car insurance, they have access to several carriers.
An independent agent can compare rates and different policy coverages at once, so you don't have to. To get matched with a local expert, go to TrustedChoice.com and save.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.