New Castle, PA is "The Hot Dog Capital of the World" and known for its fireworks display. When you want an All-American good time, New Castle is the place to live.
If you drive these lively streets, home to 22,069 residents, you'll need coverage. An independent insurance agent can find a policy to suit your needs and budget. You can match with a local expert in minutes.
Auto Insurance Options in New Castle, PA
If you want more than liability insurance, you'll have to pay. Optional coverages can be added to your auto policy when quoting. Take a look at optional car insurance coverages in New Castle, PA:
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow of a covered auto.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental vehicle when your covered auto is damaged.
- Medical payments coverage: Will pay for a smaller medical expense when you're in an at-fault accident
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your car that is hit by an unavoidable obstruction, or damaged by a non-collision event such as fire, severe weather, or vandalism.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your vehicle in the event of a crash.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your car loan and your vehicle's market value due to a total loss.
When you want to offset the price of additional coverages, consider bundling. To bundle your auto and home insurance with the same carrier means big savings. Most companies will give a 30% discount on premiums. Contact your New Castle independent agent for details.
Do You Need Uninsured Motorist Coverage in New Castle, PA?
You'll want adequate protection against uninsured drivers in New Castle. Whether you drive a sedan or an ATV, the risk is everywhere. Take a look at the percentage of uninsured drivers:
- National: 13.0%
- Pennsylvania: 7.6%
When you're involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage will pay for your expenses. Connect with your New Castle independent agent for your policy options.
Car Insurance Mandated in New Castle, PA
States require specific policies depending on what you're doing and where you live. The majority of states will have mandated coverage for these policy types:
Let's Look at New Castle's Auto Policy Requirements:
- A minimum liability of $15,000 per person/$30,000 per accident/ $5,000 property damage.
An adviser may suggest higher limits of liability to cover a loss. With the average price of a vehicle being over $36,000, you'll want proper protection. Discuss coverage options with your independent agent.
Local Crime in New Castle, PA
Insurance companies use specific factors when determining your auto policy's price. Theft and crime will play a role in your costs. Let's take a glance at the theft rates across the board:
- National rate per 100,000 vehicles: 228.90
- Pennsylvania rate per 100,000 vehicles: 102.40
- New Castle rate per 100,000 vehicles: 136.90
New Castle's crime will impact your car insurance. Since theft rates fall between the state and national averages, your premiums could take a hit. To know your exact costs, have your New Castle independent agent run quotes.
Your Auto Policy and Rideshare Services in New Castle, PA
Rideshare services are prohibited on most personal auto policies. If you drive for Uber or Lyft, you may be surprised to find you have no coverage. Here are some questions to ask your independent agent about rideshare services:
- Does my current auto policy provide coverage when transporting people, parcels, food, or groceries?
- Do I need a separate business auto policy?
Rideshare services are considered a business operation and need to be insured as such. Your independent agent will recommend a commercial vehicle policy to have proper insurance. Connect with a local agent to discuss your commercial coverage.
The Price of Car Insurance in New Castle, PA
Similar to life insurance, a car policy goes off of individualized data to determine rates. Carriers will use certain risk factors when determining your premium. Here are some factors the companies use for pricing:
- The coverages you choose
- Your claims history
- Your credit score
- Your insurance score
- Local crime
- Your driving record
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Severe weather and natural disasters
While some factors are outside of your control, others can be improved for a better rate. Your car insurance is customized to you and your history, making your costs unique. Speak with your New Castle independent agent about how you can save money.
Find a New Castle, PA Independent Insurance Agent
When you're searching for car coverage at an affordable price, an independent insurance agent can help. They have access to multiple carriers, saving you time and money.
If you want more coverage options without all the hassle, get a trusted adviser. You can use the find-an-agent resource on TrustedChoice to connect with a local expert fast.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.