Pottstown, PA is home to the oldest mill in the country. This town was a main stopping point for the Philadelphia Railroad, putting it on the map.
If you drive a car in this historic city of 22,741 residents, you'll want coverage. An independent insurance agent can help with access to several carriers. Connect with a local adviser to get started today.
Pottstown, PA Local Crime and Your Car Insurance
Pennsylvania comes in at less than half the national theft rate. While Pottstown may be slightly higher than the state average, it's still in a good spot. Carriers will use crime in a city to determine your insurance costs.
Auto Theft Rates:
- National rate per 100,000 vehicles: 228.90
- Pennsylvania rate per 100,000 vehicles: 102.40
- Pottstown rate per 100,000 vehicles: 149.20
Local crime will impact your premiums either negatively or positively. To know for sure how your car policy will be affected, you'll need to get quotes. Discuss with a Pottstown independent agent to begin.
Car Insurance Requirements in Pottstown, PA
Almost every state will require car insurance in some form or fashion. Like worker's compensation coverage, it's mandatory in Pennsylvania. Let's look at what you would need in Pottstown, PA for car insurance:
- Minimum liability limits of $15,000 per person
- Minimum liability limits of $30,000 per accident
- Minimum liability limits of $5,000 property damage
The minimum liability limits are usually not enough to cover even a smaller claim. The average cost of a US vehicle is around $36,000, making you responsible for part of the expense. Speak with your Pottstown independent agent to make sure your coverage is sufficient.
Alternative Auto Insurance Options in Pottstown, PA
In addition to the state-mandated requirement of liability, there are several other coverages to choose from. Your policy will need these options if you want to replace or repair your vehicle. Let's take a look at additional coverage choices:
- Gap: Pays for the remaining balance on your car loan if there is a difference in value when a total loss occurs.
- Comprehensive: Pays for property damage to your vehicle should you be struck by an unavoidable object, or if it is damaged by a non-collision event such as a fire, severe weather, or vandalism.
- Collision: This will pay for the damage to your car when a collision with another vehicle or property occurs.
- Towing: Will pay for the tow of a scheduled auto.
- Rental vehicle: Pays for a rental car while a covered auto is repaired or replaced due to a loss.
When you're trying to get the most coverage for your budget, speak with your agent about bundling. If you bundle your auto and home insurance with the same carrier, you can save big. Average discounts are in the 30% range. Connect with your local independent agent to discuss.
Other Liability Insurance in Pottstown, PA
Liability coverage is one of the most used on your auto policy. To be adequately insured, you'll want to consider umbrella insurance. An umbrella policy will provide additional liability limits starting at $1,000,000. When you've exhausted your underlying auto policy coverage, umbrella insurance will kick in.
Most carriers will require a minimum liability limit on your primary auto policy in order to qualify for umbrella insurance. Usually, coverage needs to be at $500,000 on your underlying car insurance. Speak with a Pottstown independent agent about your liability limits.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Pottstown, PA
Uninsured drivers are everywhere. To protect you and your family, you'll need uninsured/underinsured motorist, or UM/UIM, coverage. Let's look at the facts:
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Pennsylvania percentage of uninsured drivers: 7.6%
UM/UIM will pay for your medical expenses and property damage resulting from a loss with an uninsured at-fault driver. So, whether you are driving an ATV or an SUV, you'll want UM/UIM to safeguard you and your loved ones. Get with your independent insurance agent to discuss your UM/UIM coverage options.
An Independent Insurance Agent in Pottstown, PA
An independent insurance agent can find you the best coverage at a fair price. Since they have access to multiple carriers at once, they can do comparison shopping on your behalf.
When you need budget-friendly car insurance that's sufficient, an independent agent can help. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice and start saving.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.