Bensalem residents need home insurance that protects against common perils in Pennsylvania like severe weather. There's much more to purchasing home insurance than simply choosing the cheapest policy, though.
An independent insurance agent can help you find the lowest premium from a highly rated and trustworthy insurance company. An independent agent works for you, so they can shop dozens of insurance companies on your behalf. Reach out to a Bensalem agent today to get started.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Bensalem, PA?
Fortunately for Bensalem residents, home insurance in Pennsylvania is less expensive than the national average.
- National average yearly premium: $1,173
- Pennsylvania average yearly premium: $913
- Pennsylvania is the 38th most expensive state for home insurance
Your premium quotes may vary widely from the national average. You can only understand what to expect if you get quotes based on your personal information. Here are some factors that insurance companies use to calculate your rates:
- The size, age, and value of your home
- The type of home you are insuring (e.g., single-family detached home, condo, manufactured home, vacation home, etc.)
- The number of stories in your home and whether it has a basement
- The crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code
- Your claims history and credit score
- Whether you are bundling your coverage with another policy like car insurance or life insurance
When you compare quotes, you can choose a trustworthy company to provide you with fairly priced coverage.
Does Bensalem Homeowners Insurance Cover against Catastrophic Events?
Your home insurance policy covers you for many catastrophic events that could cause damage to your home. It's crucial to make sure that your coverage limits are high enough so that you can rebuild your home and replace your possessions after a disaster.
Catastrophic events in Pennsylvania
- Number of federally declared disasters in Pennsylvania: 62
- Most common reasons for disasters in PA: Severe storms
- Number of severe storms declared as a disaster in PA since 1953: 41
- Number of hurricanes declared as a disaster in PA since 1953: 21
- Number of floods declared as a disaster in PA since 1953: 10
In Bensalem, you have the highest risk of damage from severe storms. In most cases, damage from a storm is covered under your home insurance policy. It's important to note that damage from flooding is not covered with your homeowners policy, though.
If you want coverage for flooding, talk with your agent about getting a flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
It's crucial to make sure you have enough coverage to put your home back to the way it was before a big storm. Your agent can help you make sure you have the right amounts and types of coverage to protect your investment.
Why Do Bensalem Homeowners Need Liability Insurance?
Liability lawsuits can be a nightmare for many homeowners. They are often the result of events completely out of your control. Fortunately, your home insurance provides you with personal liability coverage.
Some examples of when you may need personal liability coverage include:
- A visitor in your home trips on loose carpeting on your stairway and suffers a serious back injury.
- Your child breaks your neighbor’s picture window while playing baseball in your backyard.
- Your dog manages to get loose and bites a jogger.
- A local business sues you for libel because of a negative review you posted on social media.
An independent insurance agent in Bensalem can explain your homeowners liability coverage in detail. If you'd like to have higher liability limits, you can add an umbrella policy to your home insurance and boost your liability coverage across all your policies.
Does Bensalem Homeowners Insurance Cover against Burglaries?
The chances of having your home broken into are lower in Pennsylvania than in the rest of the country.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Pennsylvania: 2.78
Even though your risks are low in Bensalem, it's important to understand how your insurance works on your behalf after an incident of this type. Having your home burglarized is a stressful event. Your insurance covers repairs to your home if it's damaged in the course of a burglary. It also covers the replacement of your personal property.
If you don't already have a home security system, talk with your agent about how installing this type of theft deterrent could help you get a lower home insurance rate.
What about Second Home and Vacation Home Insurance?
If you are among the Bensalem residents who own more than one home, you may need special types of insurance. Second homes that are unoccupied through much of the year or that are occupied by tenants tend to require higher property damage limits and liability limits.
Landlord insurance: This policy provides you with coverage for property damage and liability claims if you rent your home.
Vacant home insurance: This policy provides you with coverage for your increased risk of break-ins and property damage if your home is frequently vacant.
An independent insurance agent can help you review the coverage needs of all your residences and can assist you in finding the most affordable policies.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Bensalem, PA?
When you work with an independent insurance agent in Bensalem, you'll get the advantage of their expertise. Your agent can help you design a policy that fits with your budget and includes all the elements that you need most.
Your agent works for you to get you the lowest rates on home insurance. Contact an insurance agent in Bensalem today to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.