In 2019, South Dakota had $2,227,477,000 in commercial insurance claims paid. You never know when a loss will occur, and your business will need adequate limits of protection beforehand. Chiropractors liability insurance will help your operation be proactive.
An independent insurance agent will have access to coverage and premium options that are affordable. Since they do the shopping at no cost to you, it makes using one a no-brainer. Connect with a local adviser to start saving today.
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Cover in South Dakota?
In South Dakota, your chiropractors liability insurance can come in many different policy types. Most will apply and should be reviewed with a trained professional. Take a look at some coverage options below.
You'll want general liability insurance for your chiropractic office. This is the primary form of liability coverage for your practice, and it provides the following.
- Bodily injury coverage
- Property damage coverage
- Libel and slander coverage
Malpractice liability insurance is another necessary form of coverage for a chiropractor. If you cause damage at any time, you could be on the hook. Take a peek at what a policy could include.
- Assault coverage for claims made against you or your staff
- License protection coverage
- Damage to the property of others
- First aid coverage
- Legal representation
- Defendant expense benefits
- Personal liability coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Medical payment protection
All businesses, big and small, will benefit from having a commercial umbrella policy. This adds an extra layer of protection for your chiropractic business. Check out how it works.
- Additional coverage for bodily injury
- Additional coverage for property damage
- Additional coverage for libel and slander
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Not Cover in South Dakota?
Your South Dakota chiropractors liability insurance will come with a list of exclusions. All policies have items they won't insure. Check out some standard chiropractors liability exclusions.
- Business property: This falls under a business property policy
- Equipment: This falls under an equipment breakdown policy
- Employee wages: This will fall under workers' compensation insurance in some cases
- Vehicles: This will fall under a commercial auto policy
- Floods: This is a separate flood policy
- Earthquakes: This is a separate earthquake policy
Save on Professional Liability Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Are Chiropractors Required to Carry Malpractice Insurance in South Dakota?
Medical malpractice insurance in South Dakota is typically not required unless you are performing work for another office. While it may not be mandated, it's necessary to avoid significant loss for your chiropractic operation.
- Malpractice occurs when a doctor, healthcare provider, or chiropractor deviates from the medical community's usual standards and causes injury or death to the patient.
How Much Do Chiropractors Pay for Malpractice Insurance?
Every policy you own will have unique pricing assigned. From professional liability to commercial auto coverage, all costs will vary. Carries use your personal risk factors for your South Dakota business when determining your premiums. Take a look at what affects your malpractice costs below.
- Your safety practices
- Prior malpractice claims
- How experienced you are as a chiropractor
- How your office is set up
- How much coverage you select
- What you allow your staff to do
- Your gross annual sales
How to Connect with a South Dakota Independent Agent
If you're looking for a South Dakota policy that won't break the bank, consult with a trained professional. They review your coverages for free so that you're fully protected when a loss occurs. Chiropractors liability insurance is essential to your practice.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium options that are affordable. They work with several carriers, giving you the best policy in town. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.