Located in the Texas Hill Country, the Austin area provides plenty of opportunities to enjoy all-terrain vehicle recreation. Locals use all-terrain vehicles for everything from ranch and farm work to hunting and cruising around the Highland Lakes. Many institutions from The University of Texas to the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport use ATVs to transport employees and visitors. Any sort of ATV use can be more secure with the right Austin, TX ATV insurance.
To get started finding the policy you need, simply contact a local independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network. A local member agent can help you compare Austin ATV insurance quotes and help you find the right coverage for all types of recreational and commercial ATV use. Find your local Trusted Choice independent agent today.
Austin ATV Insurance Costs
Different situations create different coverage needs. It really is not possible to provide an average quote with so many variables to consider. In general, basic policies begin at about a hundred dollars a year. More comprehensive coverage for heavy use or a higher-risk category could cost a few hundred dollars a year.
Austin residents who tow their vehicles to the Austin-Del Valle Motocross Park or out to Buffalo Valley for racing events will each have different coverage concerns than a recreational rider. If your vehicle is primarily for commercial use, such as a UTV (utility vehicle) that acts as a workhorse around your farm or manufacturing plant, you will also have unique concerns and coverage needs. Your local Trusted Choice network agent can help you customize ATV coverage for your individual requirements.
Texas ATV Fatalities
ATV use can be risky. Riders often ride off-road where there is little in the way of regulation. The state of Texas heavily promotes responsible and safe riding. However, insurers may consider these vehicles riskier to cover than other types of vehicles that travel on maintained highways.
- Between 1982 and 2011, there were 612 reported ATV fatalities
- Children under age 16 accounted for 144 of those Texas ATV fatalities
Common Types of ATVs in Austin
There is not just one type of ATV. All-terrain vehicles are used for everything from city maintenance to ranch work. Many people ride recreational ATVs at special motocross parks and ATV trails. These are the most common types of off-road vehicles in Austin:
- UTVs: Public and private work crews, ranchers, and landscaping companies use UTVs for all sorts of work-related tasks. Some may even function as plows, brush clearers, or small tractors.
- Three-wheelers and four-wheelers: The U.S. Consumer Protection Agency warns that three-wheeled models can be dangerous because of the higher number of injuries related to instability and flipping. Still, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Division warns that operating a four-wheeler is not without risk.
- Side-by-side vehicles: These can hold multiple passengers besides the operator. Consumers are warned against taking passengers on ATVs designed for one operator only.
- Segway: Single occupant people-movers that may be used on pathways, campuses, or large office complexes.
What Does Austin ATV Insurance Cover?
Area residents can make lots of choices when it comes to purchasing Austin ATV insurance. Some insurance companies will provide a package of coverage while others may have a menu of selections. You can discuss any type of ATV insurance coverage with an independent agent in the Trusted Choice network in Austin.
- ATV collision insurance
- ATV comprehensive insurance
- ATV bodily injury and property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Medical payments
Compare Austin ATV Insurance Quotes
Austin area residents have an array of decisions to make when covering their own ATV. It can be challenging for consumers to figure out which plan will offer the best coverage at budget-friendly rates. An independent agent can help you find savings on Austin ATV insurance, and can answer all your questions about coverage. Contact your local member of the Trusted Choice network today for personalized advice and free Austin ATV insurance quotes.