Most people perceive the ninth largest city in the U.S. and the third largest city in Texas to be more of an urban, commercial center rather than a mecca for off-roading. However, all-terrain vehicle use for recreation and business is actually growing significantly throughout the Metroplex. If you have purchased an ATV for fun or a UTV (utility task vehicle) for work, your next concern may be looking into good Dallas, TX ATV insurance.
To find the right plan at the right price, contact a local independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network. These agents will provide you with custom-tailored advice and free Dallas ATV insurance quotes from several different companies. Find a member agent today to help you locate a list of companies offering a variety of coverage options.
Common Types of ATVs in Dallas
When looking for coverage, it is important to note that there are different kinds of ATVs. Available ATV insurance policies and coverage options will vary depending upon the type of vehicle. Consider the following:
- Utility task vehicles (UTVs): UTVs often take the place of more traditional work vehicles like plows or tractors. Some can even be configured to do different jobs with extra attachments.
- Three-wheelers and four-wheelers: Some insurance companies have different rating results depending on whether the vehicle has three or four surface contact wheels. Since four-wheelers are more stable than three wheelers, they may be quoted for lower premiums.
- Side-by-side vehicles: The additional passengers they can carry will change the coverage, especially with respect to liability.
- Segway: Insurance companies classify them in a similar way as they do more standard ATVs and UTVs. They are essentially single passenger off-road personal transportation devices, but are sused more commonly for commercial purposes like group tours.
Dallas ATV Insurance Costs
The price of Dallas ATV insurance may vary because of the type of vehicle you own, the way it gets used, and the insurance company you choose. Basic coverage for low-risk use may only run about a hundred dollars a year. Additional coverage with varied policy options can increase the price to a few hundred dollars a year. Either way, ATV insurance is a great way to protect your vehicle and to reduce potential loss from your personal liability risks.
Dallas ATV Insurance Coverage Concerns
Owning and operating any type of vehicle can be risky, especially when it comes to younger and less experienced drivers. Insurance companies take note of these risks when setting rates or agreeing to issue a policy. They are concerned not only with operator ages, but also past driving records, type and condition of the ATV, installed accessories, and even credit scores. Primary issues that affect coverage include:
- The type of use for the vehicle, such as hunting, recreational sport, farming, ranching, or other commercial activity
- Your recent driving history, and whether or not you have points on your record from speeding violations, for example
- Whether or not you have competed an ATV-specific driver safety course
- Whether you have other policies with the same insurance company
Dallas ATV Insurance Coverage Options
Following is a list of common ATV policy options to consider. You can discuss these with any independent agent in the Trusted Choice network in your area:
- ATV collision insurance
- ATV comprehensive insurance
- ATV bodily injury and property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Medical payment coverage
Dallas ATV Insurance Quotes
Dallas residents have a considerable number of decisions to make when it comes to covering off-road vehicles. Sorting through a variety of coverage options and insurance companies can be a difficult task for all ATV owners. Your local and independent Trusted Choice member agent can do most of the work for you. These professionals can give you free advice and competitive Dallas ATV insurance quotes. Contact a member agent to save time and money when you want to purchase the best coverage for your ATV.