The 4th largest city in the U.S. is more famous for freeways than off-road vehicles, but all-terrain vehicles are used throughout the metro area. Both ATVs and UTVs (utility task vehicles) can be spotted in the back of Harris County work trucks, in city and county parks, in large business complexes, or on college campuses. Sam Houston National Park is only about an hour’s drive north of Houston, and it hosts some popular ATV trails. Whether you use an ATV for business or pleasure, be sure to consider Houston, TX ATV insurance to cover your risks.
If you are not familiar with ATV insurance, contact an independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network. A local professional can answer your questions, suggest coverage options, and give you free competitive Houston ATV insurance quotes. Contact a member agent today for competitive price quotes, professional service, and custom-tailored advice.
What Does Houston ATV Insurance Cover?
- ATV collision insurance
- ATV comprehensive insurance
- ATV bodily injury and property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Medical payments
Houston ATV owners can choose a variety of plans from different insurers. Each plan may also offer options to increase coverage or add policy options. A local independent agent can help you balance the cost of coverage versus the security it provides.
Houston ATV Insurance Costs
The rates you're quoted for will take many unique factors into account. In many cases, your ATV insurance rates are calculated similarly to your auto coverage, considering your driving record, the specifications of the ATV, and the additional insured you choose to name on the policy. Some basic policies may start at about $100 a year. More complete coverage for more expensive models could be a few hundred dollars a year.
The state of Texas began collecting ATV related death statistics in 1982. Here are a few of the findings:
- Nationally, there are more injuries requiring hospitalization from ATV use than 33 other sports including football, snowboarding, and wrestling.
- There was an 88% increase in children fatalities from ATV use between 1999 and 2009. Hospitalizations increased by 109%.
To protect your family from huge financial burdens after an ATV accident, Houston ATV insurance may be a very smart investment. Making safe choices will save lives, medical expenses, and insurance premium costs. A Trusted Choice member agent can help sort out the details.
Common Types of ATVs in Houston
- UTV: Businesses, public maintenance workers, and individuals doing everything from towing small trailers to plowing through brush use these small utility vehicles. Those with lots of property or landscaping businesses use them frequently.
- Three-wheelers and four-wheelers: Some ATVs have three wheels while some have four. The difference is important when it comes to insurance risk.
- Side-by-side vehicles: Side-by-side ATVs may be used at George Bush International Airport to move disabled or elderly passengers and employees. They might also be found at a number of public and private events, like the Houston Rodeo, where parking is far from the actual site.
- Segway: These people movers are commonly spotted in large office buildings and on college campuses. People also use them on paths and trails. Students, maintenance crews, or the building’s security forces are frequent users.
How to Find the Best Houston ATV Insurance Quotes
There isn’t one best Houston ATV insurance company and plan for every ATV owner. Private owners, government work crews, companies, and colleges will have very different needs. A local independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can discuss your concerns with you in order to locate the best insurance solution. One of these professionals can also provide Houston ATV insurance quotes for you to review. Find a member agent today to help you save money and protect your investment in an ATV.