Located in the Big Bend region of far west Texas, El Paso usually enjoys a hot desert climate. Even so, the area offers plenty of opportunities for recreational boating and other water sports. Ascarate Lake provides local residents with a convenient place to relax with their recreational and fishing boats. No matter where you're enjoying the water, you can protect protect your boat and finances with the right El Paso, TX boat insurance.
One of the easiest ways to find the right coverage at the right price is to contact an independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network. These local professionals can provide free El Paso boat insurance quotes from a variety of top-rated insurers. Find a member agent today to learn how to get the right boat coverage for your needs.
Texas Boating Accident Facts:
- State boat accidents, 2010: 152
- State boating related injuries, 2010: 136
- State boating related deaths, 2010: 27
- Texas Department of Parks and Wildlife reports that a typical severe accident tends to occur on the weekend, in an open motorboat, and with the victim falling overboard.
El Paso Boat Insurance Costs and Considerations
- Insurance for personal boats may cost less than $1 a day.
- Average personal boat insurance cost estimate: $300 to $500 a year.
- Typical boat policies include these deductibles: $250 for property damage, $500 for theft, $1,000 for medical payments.
- Liability limits may start at $15,000, but can be increased.
- The state requires boat registrations for motorized watercraft.
Your El Paso boat insurance premiums will depend upon a number of unique factors. Some of these may include the type of watercraft, how you use it, where you store it when not in use, existing coverage for your boat from other policies, and your own personal preferences.
If you have a recreational bass boat that you only use occasionally, your coverage amounts will likely be much lower than a commercial yacht used for guided tours. Commercial boat insurance rates will generally be higher, as there are more liability risks when larger numbers of passengers are involved.
Horsepower plays a role in the rate of your El Paso boat insurance. If you have a kayak, you'll likely be able to get a policy at a very low rate, or you may have coverage already with your home, auto, or trailer insurance. If you have a speed boat with high horsepower, your rates will be much higher, as the risk of accidents in these higher-speed boats is greater.
Your local agent can also help you examine your home or auto policies to see if they provide some coverage for your boat. For example, auto liability insurance might cover a boat while it is towed on a public roadway. Your home policy might cover damages when it is stored on your property. Understanding what coverage you already have will help you select the right options when you purchase your El Paso boat insurance policy.
What Does El Paso Boat Insurance Cover?
These are common types of El Paso boat insurance to consider. Your agent will probably suggest looking into coverage against the possibility of damage or injury to others as well as yourself.
- Property damage liability: protects you from major out-of-pocket costs if you're responsible for property damage to a third party
- Bodily injury liability: protects you from major out-of-pocket costs if you're responsible for bodily injury (and subsequent medical treatment) for a third party
- Property damage coverage: provides compensation if your boat is damaged in an accident, storm, fire, or other catastrophe
- Property coverage for equipment: provides compensation if the equipment you keep on your boat is damaged by an accident, storm, fire, or other catastrophe
- Towing coverage/roadside assistance: when you need assistance out on the water or on the side of the road when your towing vehicle is stalled, towing coverage and roadside assistance can help your tow your boat to shore or back home
- Medical payments coverage: provides medical payments compensation if you or one of your passengers is hurt on your boat
- Uninsured/underinsured boaters: protects you from major out-of-pocket costs if you are in an accident caused by a boater who doesn't have adequate insurance coverage
You can discuss these common coverage options with your local member agent. Some insurers may bundle several different types of coverage within a package to help reduce your premium costs.
Compare El Paso Boat Insurance Quotes
Each boat owner has unique needs and preferences. Enjoying the water in your fishing boat should not be a challenge with the right insurance agent at your side. A member agent in the Trusted Choice network can give you advice based on your needs. These local agents will do their best to answer all of your questions, suggest proper coverage, and give you competitive rates from a variety of different insurers.
A great way to get started is by contacting a Trusted Choice member agent to learn more details about El Paso boat insurance. Find a local agent today and protect your investment.