Located between Dallas and Fort Worth, Arlington hosts the University of Texas at Arlington and the Texas Rangers baseball team, which means there are many young out-of-town drivers on the road in addition to the resident population. To keep you safe, consider Arlington, TX car insurance coverage.
Where can you find help comparing local insurers to get good coverage and a good deal? A member agent in the Trusted Choice® network has access to Arlington auto insurance quotes from multiple top-rated companies. Find a local member agent today to get personal service and review your options.
Texas Car Insurance Costs
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Texas average cost per year: $1,449
- 17th most expensive premiums in the US
Texas insurance costs are considerably above the national average, but keep in mind that this is only an estimate of how much your policy will cost you. Insurance quotes will take into consideration a number of factors unique to you, such as the make, model and year of your car, and your driving record.
Texas Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily injury liability: required
- Property damage liability: required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): not required
- Uninsured motorist: required
- Minimum liability limits: 30/60/25
- Coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $30,000 for one individual, and $25,000 coverage for property damage
Arlington residents risk penalties if they drive without state-required insurance coverage. First offenders face fines of $175 to $350; subsequent offenders are subject to fines of $350 to $1,000, impoundment of their vehicle, and license suspension. The required coverage should be included in any auto insurance quotes you get from your local agent.
Texas Uninsured Motorists
- Ntional uninsured motorists: 12.6%
- Texas uninsured motorists: 13.3%
- Texas average vehicle repair cost: $2,434
Texas has a higher than average rate of uninsured motorists on the roads. Uninsured motorist coverage isn't required, but your agent may strongly suggest that you purchase it. If you end up in an accident with a driver without adequate coverage, it could be a challenge to get medical care for your injuries, and replace or repair your car out of pocket. With this coverage, you get the protection you need when the other driver is unprepared.
Texas Sure is a program that established a computerized database to cross-reference registered vehicles and insurance coverage carried by the drivers of these vehicles. This database is used by police and other officials. Any vehicles found without minimum insurance will trigger a warning letter from the state.
If you drive into nearby Dallas, the city may tow uninsured vehicles. Arlington residents also cannot renew a driver's license or registration without proof of insurance.
Number of Auto Thefts in Texas
- National vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 2.94
- Texas vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 3.28
Texas has a higher rate of stolen vehicles than the US rate, which might make you think about protection for your car or truck. A local news report from KTRK showed that trucks are the most popular target for car thieves in this city. Protecting your vehicle can be a smart investment. If your car is stolen, you won't be able to get compensation from your insurance company without comprehensive, or other-than-collision, insurance. This coverage also protects you if your vehicle is damaged or totalled by a falling object or storm damage.
No matter what type of vehicle you own, some simple steps can help you keep your car safe and protect your finances.
- Always lock your doors and stow valuables out of sight.
- Try to leave your vehicle in an attended area and lock your doors.
- Discuss comprehensive auto insurance as a policy option with your local agent.
How to Compare Arlington Auto Insurance Quotes
A local member agent in the Trusted Choice network can compare policies and quotes from multiple insurance companies and help you find coverage that matches your needs and budget. To compare Arlington auto insurance quotes and find the right policy for you and your family, contact a local member agent today.