The U.S. Census reported that McKinney was the second-fastest growing city with a population over 100,000 in the nation. Nearby San Francisco was number one on the list. If you live in this booming suburban area, you will want to find a good McKinney, TX car insurance policy to protect both yourself and your vehicle.
Members of the Trusted Choice® network of independent agents can help you compare McKinney auto insurance quotes and find the right policy at the right price.
Texas Car Insurance Costs
- National average annual premium: $1,311
- Texas average annual premium: $1,449
- 17th highest premiums in the U.S.
Drivers in Texas can expect to pay above the national average for their car insurance, but the actual cost could be higher or lower. When calculating policy quotes, insurance companies take into consideration a number of factors unique to you, such as the make, model and year of your car, and your driving record.
Some drivers may receive McKinney car insurance discounts because of steps they take to reduce their risk of having an accident. Others may find that one insurer's prices are much lower than another's prices. A local agent can help you find the right coverage and the right deal for your unique circumstances.
Texas Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily injury liability: required
- Property damage liability: required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): not required
- Uninsured motorist: not required
- Minimum liability limits: 30/60/25
- Coverage up to $30,000 per accident for one person; coverage up to $60,000 per accident for all persons; coverage up to $25,000 per accident for property damage
Every state has minimum coverage requirements for automobile insurance and Texas is no exception. These minimums are designed to protect both your finances and those of any third-party with whom you may be involved in a collision.
There are stiff penalties for failure to carry the required insurance coverage. First offenders face fines of $175 to $350; subsequent offenders are subject to fines of $350 to $1,000, impoundment of their vehicle, and license suspension.
Texas Uninsured Motorists
- National uninsured motorists: 12.6%
- Texas uninsured motorists: 13.3%
- Average vehicle repair cos in Texas: $2,434
Although Texas is vigorously enforcing its laws against uninsured drivers, the state still has a higher rate of uninsured motorists than the national average. To protect yourself in the event you're in a collision with an uninsured driver, consider buying uninsured motorist coverage. This is not required in Texas, but you can purchase it as an option.
Number of Vehicle Thefts in Texas
- National vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicle): 2.94
- Texas vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 3.28
You can take measures to protect your vehicle from theft by taking care where you leave your vehicle, locking the vehicle’s doors and purchasing comprehensive auto insurance.
Compare McKinney Auto Insurance Quotes
How can you find the right policy at the right price for your needs? A local member of the Trusted Choice network can suggest policy options and help you compare multiple McKinney car insurance quotes.
Protect your vehicle and look for a good deal on your auto policy. Contact a Trusted Choice network member agent today.