This city is a rapidly growing metropolitan area that is famous for a lively cultural scene, companies in the high tech industry and the University of Texas at Austin. If you want to grow or expand your own business in this city, find the right Austin, TX commercial vehicle insurance to protect your bottom line.
A local member of the Trusted Choice® network can assist you. One of these local, independent agents can help you compare Austin commercial vehicle insurance quotes and can provide sensible coverage suggestions. You can expect competitive rates and personal service when you contact a local independent agent today.
Austin, Texas Business and Insurance Facts
- Private business establishments (non-farm) in Texas: 522,146
- Number of farms and ranches in Texas: 247,500
- Fraction of Texas residents living in a city or urban area: 2/3
- Average Texas annual full-coverage premium cost: $1,031
Your business is no more exempt from state financial responsibility rules than personal car owners. Texas law holds all vehicle owners responsible for damages whether they have liability insurance or not. If you're not sure what your Austin commercial auto insurance covers, contact a member agent in the Trusted Choice network. You may want to change your liability limits, deductibles, or coverage options to better meet your needs and match your budget goals.
Austin Commercial Car Insurance for Small Businesses
Do you run a small or home-based business and rely on your personal car for commercial use? According to the Texas Insurance Department, some personal auto insurance coverage won't cover you if you're using your vehicle for business purposes.
If you use your own car, truck, or van for your downtown catering business or South Austin real estate office, you may not be covered for damages or injuries to yourself or another person unless you’ve purchased proper Austin commercial car insurance. One way to be sure you get the coverage you need is to contact a local Trusted Choice member agent who can compare rates from multiple carriers and recommend a policy for your specific needs.
Austin Commercial Vehicle Insurance Costs
No two Austin businesses will have exactly the same coverage needs or insurance costs. A trucking business, for example, has very different coverage needs than a limo service, taxi company or business that makes deliveries in a fleet of vans.
The following are some coverage options to consider for your business cars, vans, and trucks:
- If you use your personal automobile for business, you might be able to add an inexpensive endorsement to cover commercial use.
- Many small businesses rely upon business owner’s policies (BOP) which typically include commercial auto coverage.
- Large businesses may need to insure fleets of cars, trucks, vans, semi trucks, tow trucks, construction vehicles and more.
To find the right vehicle coverage for your business, work with an agent who can help to assess your needs and risks. A local Trusted Choice member agent can be an excellent resource.
Types of Commercial Car Insurance
Here are various types of Austin commercial vehicle insurance to discuss with your agent:
- Property damage and bodily injury liability: This covers damages or injuries to other parties. Texas law requires minimum liability insurance.
- Collision insurance: This covers damage to your business vehicle. If you carry around supplies or inventory, you may want to be sure your coverage protects these items.
- Comprehensive insurance: Now known as “other than collision,” this covers non-accident related damages. Examples would be theft, vandalism or severe weather.
- Personal injury protection: Also known as PIP, this coverage compensates accident victims for expenses due to auto accident injuries.
- Under/uninsured motorists: If you are in an accident caused by a hit-and-run driver or one with insufficient insurance, this coverage can help ensure that you are compensated for losses, property damages, or medical costs.
Compare Austin Commercial Vehicle Insurance Quotes
Shopping for the right Austin commercial vehicle insurance can be a complex task for many business owners and managers, but an independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can do most of the hard work for you.
Whether you operate a fleet of taxis or a small computer repair shop, you will need to research different policies and coverage options. Contact a local member agent to get started comparing Austin commercial vehicle insurance quotes today.