The National Weather Service lists Amarillo, the largest city in the Texas Panhandle, as the 3rd windiest city in the U.S. The city’s climate is semi-arid, but the entire panhandle is on the western edge of America’s “tornado alley” and may also be subject to flash floods under certain weather conditions. To ensure your house is well protected, investigate Amarillo, TX homeowners insurance.
Local Trusted Choice® independent agents are available to assist you with your Amarillo homeowners insurance. These agents can answer questions about your current coverage and provide you with free Amarillo home insurance quotes from multiple insurers. For competitive price quotes and personal service, contact a professional agent in the Trusted Choice network.
Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Texas
- National yearly premium average: $1,034
- Texas yearly premium average: $1,661
- 3rd most expensive premium in the US
It is not possible to estimate your own home policy rates by looking at state, or even national averages. Insurers consider dozens of factors when they offer quotes. Some of the biggest considerations are the property’s value, where it is located and the home’s prior claims history.
For example, a recent flood shut down streets around Rockwell Road and Stoney Road. If your house is located in an area that has been prone to storm damage, or even if your area has a high burglary rate, your premiums could be more expensive than the average.
On the other hand, you may qualify for Amarillo homeowners insurance discounts for steps you take to keep your home more secure. Installing a new roof or a burglar alarm could save you money on your home coverage. You might even qualify for a discount by adjusting the way you pay your bill. A local agent can advise you on simple steps that you can take as a homeowner to lower premiums.
What Does Amarillo Homeowners Insurance Cover?
These are examples of coverage provided by a typical home policy for your house and your personal possessions. It is, of course, important to review the specific details of any policy you own or are considering.
- Property damage: This covers damage to the building itself and other structures you have on the property, such as garages or outbuildings.
- Home contents: This covers personal property inside your house, although you may need separate riders for particularly valuable items.
- Liability insurance: This protects you against damage claims by others for injury or property damage that occurred on your land.
- Relocation assistance: If you have to move out of your home in the event of damage, this can help you pay for temporary lodging.
What doesn’t your home insurance policy cover? This question is also important. A typical home policy may not cover floods or earthquakes. You may also need separate coverage for windstorm damage. Ask your local insurance agent for details regarding how you can be sure your home is fully protected.
Number of Catastrophes in Texas and the US
- National number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Texas: 1,935
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Texas: 221
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Texas: $1,026,150,000
Residents of the city may be particularly vulnerable to the risks of tornado, wildfire, and flash flood damage. Damaging flash floods have hit the area in recent years, and wildfires continue to be a concern.
Number of Thefts in Texas
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Texas number of burglaries: 190,898
While many homeowners worry primarily about the threats of storms and other natural hazards, burglars and vandals can also damage or steal your property. Typical home policies should provide coverage against these threats, but you should be sure your coverage limits are adequate for your particular situation.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Amarillo Home Insurance Quotes
If you find it difficult to understand your current home policy and wonder if you are sufficiently protected against common risks and hazards, consult a professional for assistance. A local Trusted Choice independent agent can help you review your current coverage, suggest alternatives or additions, and provide you with free Amarillo home insurance quotes from multiple companies.
Be sure your home is protected and your Amarillo homeowners insurance rates are reasonable by contacting a Trusted Choice member agent today.