Starting as a 19th-century family small community by the Neches River, about 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, this Texas “Golden Triangle” city now has an estimated population of over 118,000 people. Since it made Sperling’s list as one of the riskiest American cities in terms of natural disasters, it’s wise to make sure you’re adequately covered with Beaumont, TX homeowners insurance.
Do you want to buy a new policy or make sure your old home policy is still fairly priced and adequate? Contact a Trusted Choice® independent agent for assistance. A local agent can answer your policy questions, suggest coverage limits, and give you multiple Beaumont home insurance quotes to compare.
Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Texas
- National yearly premium average: $1,034
- Texas yearly premium average: $1,661
- 3rd most expensive premium in the US
Insurance agents cannot offer you a reliable price estimate without knowing anything about your house. The cost you pay for Beaumont homeowners insurance will depend upon many factors, such as your home’s value, ZIP code, prior claim history, and the condition of the house.
Contact an independent agent for help finding the best homeowners insurance coverage that meets your needs and fits in your budget. Independent agents work with many top-rated insurers, unlike captive agents who only sell products from one company. You'll be able to compare quotes in one easy step.
Beaumont Homeowners Insurance Coverage Types
A basic home policy usually provides a package of a few different types of coverage. It is prudent to carefully review your own coverage or discuss it with a local agent. There are four basic types of coverage:
- Building property coverage: for your home and attached garage, as well as other structures; does not cover the land your house sits on
- Home contents: for the items you have in your house, up to a specified limit; you may need additional riders for high valued items like jewelry
- Liability insurance: for property damage and bodily injury to third parties that you're liable for, including from dog bites; includes coverage for libel and slander as well
- Relocation assistance or “loss of use”: some policies provide coverage for costs when you have to find temporary housing
What’s not included in typical home policies? Damage from floods and earthquakes is excluded from a basic policy, and windstorm damage is excluded in some areas as well.
For example, a basic policy often does not cover water damage from flooding, even though the city’s location near the Texas coast makes it vulnerable to damaging tropical storms, tornadoes, and hurricanes. The community does participate in the National Flood Insurance Program, and you can ask an independent agent about adding this additional coverage to your Beaumont homeowners insurance.
Number of Catastrophes in Texas and the US
- National number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Texas: 1,935
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Texas: 221
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Texas: $1,026,150,000
Texas is victim to a high number of catastrophes. And since the city of Beaumont is so near the Gulf Coast, it is also vulnerable to a variety of periodic windstorms and heavy rains. Hurricane Ike and Hurricane Rita both heavily damaged homes inside the city. Beaumont normally enjoys hot, humid summers and mild winters, but can experience ice storms and hail when conditions are right. Since the city also lies in a Texas region known as the Piney Woods, wildfires can be a threat under dry conditions.
Thefts in Texas
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Texas number of burglaries: 190,898
Homeowners concern themselves with man-made risks as well as natural ones. A basic Beaumont homeowners insurance policy should cover your home and personal property against theft and vandalism. Some insurers will also offer you a price break for installing a home security system.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Beaumont Home Insurance Quotes
A local independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can provide competitive Beaumont home insurance quotes from multiple insurers in the area and provide answers to your questions about the type and amount of coverage you may need.
If you take pride in your home and personal property, those things deserve the best protection. A good policy can help protect your assets in case the unexpected happens. Contact an agent in the Trusted Choice network today to learn more about Beaumont homeowners insurance.