The city of Carrollton began as an agricultural center for large land owners, but later evolved into an industrial area when the Dallas-Wichita Railroad connected to it in the late 1800s. After World War II, the city began to change again because of the suburban growth of Dallas. In the past decade, this city has been named as one of the best places to live by Relocate America and Money Magazine. If you live in this popular suburban city, you may want some help finding the right Carrollton, TX homeowners insurance.
A local independent insurance agent in the Trusted Choice® network can offer you a variety of competitively priced Carrollton home insurance quotes to compare. Besides finding you low rates, these agents can also answer your insurance-related questions and will continue to provide you with service after you have purchased a policy. You can expect great rates and friendly service when you contact a Trusted Choice member agent near you.
Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Texas
- National yearly premium average: $1,034
- Texas yearly premium average: $1,661
- 3rd most expensive premium in the US
Average insurance rates are just that: averages. The actual cost of your home policy may be significantly higher or lower than your neighbor's. Insurance costs can be influenced by many factors, including the amount of coverage you are purchasing, the amount of your deductible, the location of your home, and the materials used to build your home, to name a few.
To find out how much a Carrollton homeowners insurance policy will cost you, you will need to compare a variety of rate quotes. A Trusted Choice member agent works with several different insurance companies and can to do the comparison shopping for you. These local agents can also help you decide which coverage options are right for you and what you can do to earn insurance discounts.
What Is Covered by Carrollton Homeowners Insurance?
Most insurers offer fairly standard basic policies with similar coverage options. You can expect your Carrollton home insurance policy to provide coverage for:
- The structure of your home: This covers damage to the structure of your home that may be caused by fire, lighting, hail and other weather events. Your policy may also include outlying structures such as detached garages and storage sheds.
- Your personal possessions: This coverage, known as contents coverage, provides compensation for necessary repairs or replacements of the property you keep in your home. This may include computers, clothes, jewelry, and appliances if they are stolen or damaged by a covered event.
- Liability insurance: This covers defense, legal fees and judgments against you if you are sued by a third party for an injury or property damage that occurs at your home. Homeowners liability insurance also protects you from the potential legal fees and court costs due to charges of libel and slander.
- Relocation assistance: This provides you with the funds necessary to afford temporary housing and meals if your home is deemed uninhabitable because of a covered event.
Be aware that coverage for flood damage is almost always excluded from homeowners insurance. Because many residents of Carrollton face a flood risk, it is a good idea to purchase a supplemental flood insurance policy from the NFIP. An agent in the Trusted Choice network can give you more information and help you secure a flood insurance policy.
Number of Catastrophes in Texas and the US:
- National number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Texas: 1,935
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Texas: 221
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Proper damage from weather in Texas: $1,026,150,000
Carrollton has a semi-tropical climate with sunny summers and fairly mild winters. However, damaging weather in the form of hail, freezing temperatures, tornadoes, and heavy rains may threaten your property. Additionally, fires, both natural and man-made, are a threat everywhere in the state of Texas.
Fortunately, a Carrollton homeowners insurance policy coupled with an NFIP-backed flood insurance policy will protect you from the financial devastation these disasters can bring. An agent in the Trusted Choice network can ensure that your home is properly covered against these catastrophic events.
Theft in Texas:
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Texas number of burglaries: 190,898
You can protect your home against theft and vandalism by installing a home security system, using deadbolt locks, and making sure that entryways are well lit.
Becoming the victim of a property crime is stressful, but you can have some peace of mind knowing that your losses will be compensated by your home insurance policy.
Compare Carrollton Home Insurance Quotes
If you are like most homeowners, you have probably put a lot of time and money into the purchase and upkeep of your home. To adequately protect this investment, you need a suitable Carrollton homeowners insurance policy. An agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you shop for a policy that meets your coverage and budgetary needs.
It is easy to find and contact a member agent who is conveniently located near your home or business. These agents work with a variety of highly rated insurance companies and can provide a selection of policies for you to review. Contact a local member agent today to get more information about Carrollton homeowners insurance rates and plans for your home and property.