This large Texas port city usually has a pleasant subtropical climate with long summers and mild winters. Residents know that the weather can change quickly, however, and some severe weather events can be very damaging to area property. That is one reason why it is important to purchase a good Corpus Christi, TX homeowners insurance policy.
An independent Trusted Choice® insurance agent can be a great resource. These agents, several of whom have offices right here in town, can help you compare Corpus Christi home insurance quotes and select the right policy options. You can review policies and receive professional service when you ask a Trusted Choice agent to help you find the right Corpus Christi homeowners insurance policy.
Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Texas
- National yearly premium average: $1,034
- Texas yearly premium average: $1,661
- 3rd most expensive premium in the US
The price you pay for Corpus Christi homeowners insurance will depend on many factors that are unique to you and your property. Your home’s value, the coverage options you choose and your deductible amount are just a few examples. You might also get better rates through discounts offered for things you do to keep your home safe or to reduce the insurer’s administrative costs.
The only way to know how much a policy will cost you is to request and compare rate quotes from insurance providers. This will help you be certain you are getting your policy at a competitive rate.
What Does Corpus Christi Homeowners Insurance Cover?
A basic policy will include four distinct types of coverage:
- Building structure: This covers damage to the structure of your home, including the foundation, roof and electrical and plumbing systems.
- Home contents: This covers loss or damage to the belongings you keep in your home and on your property including carpeting, appliances and light fixtures.
- Liability: This covers you against claims of property damage and personal injury if a third-party suffers an accident on your property. This also includes coverage for charges of libel and slander as well as all related court costs and legal fees.
- Loss of use: This is also known as relocation assistance. It provides compensation for living expenses if you are forced to vacate your home due to a covered event.
What Does Corpus Christie Home Insurance Not Cover?
Earthquakes, hurricanes and floods are all disasters for which coverage is excluded from most basic Corpus Christi home policies.
- Hurricanes: Hurricanes are a serious threat in the Gulf Coast area, but most policies require you to purchase an additional hurricane rider in order to achieve coverage for damage caused by these storms. In most cases, these hurricane policies are offered through your home insurance provider.
- Floods: Floods are common in the aftermath of a hurricane. However, coverage for damage caused by floods is included neither in most home insurance policies nor as part of your hurricane insurance rider. The only way to get coverage against this damage is through a flood insurance policies offered by the National Flood Insurance Program, NFIP.
If you live in a flood zone or near the coast, your mortgage lender probably already required you to purchase flood and hurricane insurance. Otherwise, this coverage is optional, but highly recommended.
Number of Catastrophes in Texas and the US
- National number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Texas: 1,935
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Texas: 221
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Texas: $1,026,150,000
Coastal cities are vulnerable to tropical storms and hurricanes. These events frequently spawn tornadoes and floods. While coastal areas may not be associated with wildfires, most residential fires actually occur because of accidents, carelessness or faulty wiring. It is prudent to make sure you have a variety of potential hazards covered adequately.
Theft in Texas
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Texas number of burglaries: 190,898
Threats to your home and personal property do not always come from nature. Property crimes, including burglary and vandalism, can lead to expensive losses.
Taking extra precautions, such as installing a home security system or deadbolt locks, could reduce your risks significantly. These steps can also lead insurers to offer you a discount on your Corpus Christi homeowners insurance policy.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Compare Corpus Christi Home Insurance Quotes
Corpus Christi residents value their homes. To make sure your property is well protected, you can turn to a local agent in the Trusted Choice network for guidance. You can expect to receive personalized service and professional advice from one of our many independent insurance agents.
A good home insurance policy is essential to enjoying coverage against the unexpected. However, finding the right policy at the right price can be a time-consuming task for many home owners. A local Trusted Choice network agent can help you learn more about Corpus Christi homeowners insurance and will help you compare a selection of competitively priced policies.