This city began as a train stop by a watering hole, just a place to fill 19th century steam engines. In the past decade, it has become fastest growing city in the nation, as suburban growth from Dallas, Fort Worth, and Plano begin to spill even farther north. Both CNN and Forbes Magazine have listed this city as one of the best places to live in the US. If you own property in this growing area, be sure to find good Frisco, TX homeowners insurance.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Texas
- National yearly premium average: $1,034
- Texas yearly premium average: $1,661
- 3rd most expensive premium in the US
Frisco is mostly an affluent suburb in the DFW Metropolitan Area. There is certainly a lot of modern construction, including master-planned communities like Lone Star Ridge, but it also still contains a sprinkling of historical housing left over from the early days. Your own Frisco homeowners insurance policy rates depend upon the house’s neighborhood, value, age, and construction methods.
Frisco Homeowners Insurance Coverage Types
Most homes will be covered by a policy that includes a fairly standard package of coverage. These are some popular coverage types you can discuss with a local agent. Note that policies may have exclusions, so your policy will only compensate you for covered damage or injuries.
- Property: Both the building and external structures, like a garage or fence, could be covered.
- Home contents: This helps cover the things you keep inside your home, like furniture, electronics, and clothes.
- Liability insurance: If a visitor claims that your action or inaction caused them an injury or property damage, this can help cover you.
- Relocation assistance: If your home becomes uninhabitable for a covered reason, this can help pay for you and your family to find temporary lodging.
It is important to know what is covered, but also what is not covered. For example, typical Texas homeowners insurance policies cover fire, strong winds, burglary, hail, and vandalism, but do not cover floods. To protect against natural flooding, such as excess rain, and overflow from local streams, you need separate flood insurance from the National Flood Insurance Program in addition to your basic Frisco homeowners insurance policy.
Number of Catastrophes In Texas and the US
- National number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Texas: 1,935
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Texas: 221
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Texas: $1,026,150,000
This entire Frisco area is prone to windstorm damage, both from tornadoes and major storms that travel up from the Gulf Coast. Even though the area has a humid subtropical climate, it does experience occasional hail storms and freezes as well. Area springs flood periodically after heavy rains as well. Special natural disasters such as wildfires and earthquakes are usually not covered, but you may be able to purchase protection as a rider to your policy.
Theft in Texas
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Texas number of burglaries: 190,898
While typical home policies do cover burglaries, home owners may be wise to take a few precautions.
- Make sure that personal property coverage is adequate. Some home owners underestimate the value of the things they keep inside their homes. Also, if you have one or two very valuable items, they should probably have endorsements of their own.
- Take a home inventory. This will help you calculate the value of your personal possessions and make claims.
- Consider installing a home security system to help prevent burglaries before they happen.
Frisco Home Insurance Quotes
If you need to purchase new home coverage or evaluate your old policy, contact a local independent Trusted Choice agent for assistance. These local agents can help you select the right policy options and give you customized insurance rates to compare.
Be certain that your valuable house and personal property are well protected. Get in touch with a local agent for more information about Frisco homeowners insurance plans and prices.