This Rio Grande Valley city is right at the southern tip of Texas. Growth has been fueled recently by international trade and a sunny climate. If you live way down south in this border city, you can find answers to your McAllen, TX life insurance questions from an independent agent. Agents in the Trusted Choice® network can answer your policy questions and help you compare McAllen life insurance quotes from a variety of insurers. These independent agents work for you, to get you the coverage you need at the right price.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Costs of Local Life Insurance
- Sample monthly premium for $500,000 of 20 year term life coverage for a 50 year old female preferred risk non-smoker: $86.98
- Sample monthly premium for $500,000 of 20 year term life coverage for a 50 year old male preferred risk non-smoker: $111.38
- Sample monthly premium for $250,000 of 20 year term life coverage for a 35 year old female preferred risk non-smoker: $23.90
- Sample monthly premium for $500,000 of 20 year term life coverage for a 35 year old female preferred risk non-smoker: $35.69
Your actual rates will depend upon many unique factors, so these sample prices are not meant to represent quotes from any specific McAllen life insurance company. They demonstrate that your prices will depend upon the policy type, coverage amount, and age. Prices are generally lower for younger applicants or lower coverage amounts.
Some insurers do very detailed underwriting, and they may also consider other things when they determine how much to charge. For example, many people in McAllen travel internationally quite often, and sometimes these travel habits could raise your rates. On the other hand, people who stay close to home and make healthy lifestyle choices may get lower rates.
Since every insurer is different, it is best to shop around for a variety of rate quotes, and find the policy that suits your lifestyle best.
Popular Types of McAllen Life Insurance Policies
- Term life insurance: Temporary insurance policies do not provide cash value, and they expire after the contract ends. On the other hand, term life is usually the most affordable type of life insurance.
- Whole life insurance: Permanent policies, like whole life, can grow a cash value and can provide lifetime coverage.
- Universal life insurance: This type of permanent coverage is different than whole life, because some policy features are adjustable, and you have more control over the investment component, as well as beneficiary changes. Like whole life, it offers lifetime coverage and accrues a cash value.
Which kind of insurance should you buy? Term is popular because it is inexpensive, and provides coverage during the time of life when your family most needs the income you provide. Permanent policies can offer a lifetime of coverage and possible asset growth. Your best choice depends upon your goals, budget, and preferences.
Group vs. Individual Life Insurance
- Americans aged 25 to 34 with life insurance: over 50%
- Americans under age 25 with life insurance: 18%
- Americans who do not believe they have enough life insurance: 39%
- Number of new individual policies purchased in the U.S., 2009: 10,139
If you are employed by one of McAllen’s large employers, like U.S. Customs or the local school district, you probably are entitled to join a group insurance plan at work. If not, you may have to purchase individual life insurance for yourself and other family members.
Some people find that group coverage is not adequate, does not offer enough choices, and cannot be transported from job to job. These people may choose to purchase additional individual McAllen life insurance from a local agent.
How to Compare McAllen Life Insurance Quotes
Choosing the right policy type and finding the best deal does not have to be difficult. A local member of the Trusted Choice network can offer advice and free McAllen life insurance quotes. Contact one of these member agents right away for more life insurance information.