Fort Worth Mobile Home Insurance
(Learn how to find the right mobile home insurance for you.)
One national mobile home realtor proclaims that there are 62 mobile home parks within this major North Texas city. Even though this type of housing only accounts for less than 2 percent of the city’s total housing, that still means that over 5,000 households are mobile homes. If you already live in a mobile home or are considering this affordable housing alternative, make sure you understand Fort Worth, TX mobile home insurance.
An independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network is available to help you select the right coverage and compare multiple Fort Worth manufactured home insurance quotes. Contact a Trusted Choice member agent right away to find personal service and competitive prices.
Compare Manufactured Home Ownership Costs
- Average local mobile home price, 2009: $51,135
- Average Texas homeowners insurance premium: $1,560
- Estimated cost of new mobile home insurance vs. home insurance: 50% of the cost of a similarly sized house
- Estimated cost of mobile home insurance: $1200 per $100,000
You can estimate your costs, but unless you compare a handful of quotes from local insurers, you won't be able to figure out how much you should actually pay for Fort Worth mobile home insurance. An individual’s rate will depend upon a number of unique factors like ZIP code, the home’s condition and the home’s age.
Find Fort Worth Mobile Home Insurance Discounts
Many homeowners can lower their insurance premiums by qualifying for insurance discounts. Some insurers offer low prices in order to attract new customers and encourage existing customers to reduce risks. You can get discounts for having home security systems and using automated billing methods, among others. A local agent can help you find all of the discounts you might be entitled to.
Mobile Homes vs. Traditional Homes
- Texas mobile homes as a ratio of all housing units, 2008: 7%
- Local homes as a ratio of all housing units 1.8%
- Number of mobile homes in Dallas, 2010 census: 5,639
- Average manufactured home building costs per square foot, 2006: $40
- Average traditional home building costs per square foot, 2006: $100
Mobile homes may not be as popular in this city as they are throughout the entire state, but mobile home living may be more popular in suburban and rural areas than in major metropolitan centers. People are turning toward non-traditional housing to save money and get a home built much faster.
Get Mobile Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Modular Homes vs. Manufactured Homes
- Mobile or manufactured home: The builder builds the home inside the factory and delivers it to a home site. The builder may set or anchor the home in place and construct other structures around it.
- Modular home: The builder builds the home on the home site from pre-built parts that are delivered to the home site.
Mobile homes and manufactured homes are really synonyms for the same thing. The builder constructs these homes inside a factory and then sets them up on a lot.
Because modular homes are built on site according to local building codes, some insurers consider them more like traditional houses than mobile homes. You can contact a Trusted Choice member agent for information about covering your modular home.
Fort Worth Mobile Home Insurance Types
Typical policies include a basic package of coverage. These are some coverage types you may discuss with your local agent:
- Property damage: Building property insurance covers your actual home and possibly other structures on your property.
- Home Contents: This type of property insurance covers the contents inside your house. This would include your clothes, electronics, furniture and appliances.
- Owner’s liability: This covers you against claims by others in case another person claims your action or inaction caused them an injury or property damage.
- Medical payments: This can help pay medical bills in case a resident is injured for a covered reason.
- Loss of use: This can help you find temporary lodging if you have to evacuate because of covered damages. This might be a policy option you can select for an additional fee.
You might also consider additional insurance for your house. Fort Worth is a participating community in the National Flood Insurance Program, which provides flood insurance for property owners. If you have a home loan and live in a high risk area, you may even be forced to purchase this extra coverage. You can discuss additional insurance requirements with a local agent.
Fort Worth Manufactured Home Insurance Quotes
Finding the right coverage for your mobile home at the right price does not have to be a difficult job. A local agent in the Trusted Choice network can do most of the work for you.
Contact one of these local agents for policy advice and free rate quotes from multiple Fort Worth mobile home insurance companies as soon as possible.