Many local residents are turning to motorcycles because they are an enjoyable and economical way to get around this large north Texas city. Even though motorcycle riding has become increasingly popular, be sure you understand the risks. Also be certain that you cover yourself and your bike with the best Dallas, TX motorcycle insurance.
Simply locate an independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network for assistance finding insurance at a cost that will fit your budget. These local agents will help you select the right coverage and compare a variety of Dallas motorcycle insurance quotes. Find one of these member agents right away for custom-tailored plans and good deals on your Dallas motorcycle insurance.
Texas Motorcycle Rules and Requirements
- Minimum liability limits: 30/60/25
- Coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $30,000 for one individual, and $25,000 coverage for property damage
- Dallas has a program to impound uninsured vehicles
- Some riders are exempt from helmet laws
- Texas motorcycle license
- Texas motor vehicle registration (for street bikes)
- Texas off highway vehicle registration (for off-road bikes)
Off-road bikes that are never taken on public roads are different than street bikes. The Texas Off-Highway Vehicle Program (OHV) regulates public trails for recreational use. If you never take your sport bike or dirt bike on public roads and highways, licensing and coverage requirements will be different.
Many riders are exempt from helmet regulations in the state. General requirements are proof of health insurance, being 21 or older, and having completed the approved motorcycle safety class.
Better Motorcycle Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Dallas Motorcycle Insurance Cost Estimates
- Average price of a new motorcycle, 2009: $12,304
- Liability insurance cost estimates for an adult with a good driving record: $200 - $400
- Full coverage cost estimate for an adult with a good driving record: $400 - $800
Your own individual Dallas motorcycle insurance rates may depend upon several factors. Your exact home ZIP code, age, and prior claims history will be considered. The model of your bike and how you use it may also be considered. If you only take week-end rides you may get cheaper rates than if you use your bike to commute to work on Loop 410 every day.
Motorcycle Insurance Cost Savings
Discounts give owners an opportunity to save money for doing simple things that can reduce risks or make billing easier. Keep an eye out for these common discounts and remember that you may even qualify for multiple price cuts.
- Pay promptly, with automatic debits, or in advance
- Take an approved safety course
- Bundling discount for also insuring your other vehicles or home with the same company
- Install anti-theft devices
- Keep a clean driving record
Dallas Motorcycle Insurance Types
- Property liability Insurance: This covers the cost to replace someone else's property if you cause an accident that damages it.
- Bodily injury liability insurance: This compensates another person for bodily injury related expenses from an accident you cause
- Collision: If you are in an accident, this insurance will help pay for damages to your bike, regardless of fault.
- Medical payments: This can help cover medical bills from an accident.
- Comprehensive: This covers "other-than-collison" related damages to your bike. Examples could include storms, theft, or vandalism.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorists: This covers you in case you are damaged by an uninsured or hit-and-run motorist.
- Roadside assistance: This is similar to a motor club. You can call for a tow, battery charge, or flat tire fix.
Many people need to balance the protection of full coverage with their budgets. Some bike owners only need liability insurance in order to be legal drivers. Others may select a plan which provides a bundle of different types of coverage that can help fully protect your bike. Either way, an independent agent can help you find the motorcycle insurance you need at a sensible price.
Compare Dallas Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
Finding the right coverage at the right price does not have to be a difficult task. A local member of the Trusted Choice network can help you select proper coverage and compare prices. Contact one of these member agents as soon as possible for more information about Dallas motorcycle insurance rates and plans.