A variety of attractions and historical sites make this central Texas city very popular with tourists. In fact, tourism is one of the largest industries here in the Alamo City and around the Texas Hill Country. Recreational vehicles are also common sights in the area, and if you enjoy riding RVs, you can find the right San Antonio, TX RV insurance right in town. A local agent in the Trusted Choice® network can help you compare a variety of San Antonio motorhome insurance quotes and select the right coverage options. Contact an agent right away for assistance with all of your insurance needs.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
San Antonio RV Insurance Cost Estimates
- Estimated yearly RV insurance premiums: $800 to $2000
- Estimated cost of class A motorhome insurance: $1,000 to $1,300
- Estimated cost of class C RV insurance: $800 to $3,000
- Estimated cost of trailer or 5th-wheel RV insurance: $170 to $1,000
- Insurance from an RV rental company: $15 to $75/day
- Texas required liability insurance minimums: $25,000 maximum property damage, $60,000 maximum injury and $30,000 maximum for each injured person
Every motorized vehicle owner has to satisfy required liability insurance rules or face the possibility of fines or other penalties. Beyond that, vehicle owners may choose other kinds of coverage to protect their investment. Your own insurance cost will depend upon the type of insurance you purchase. The rates will also depend upon the type of motorhome, your driving history, your home ZIP code and many other factors.
Motorhome Policy Discounts
Many people can qualify for real cost savings by qualifying for insurance discounts. Insurers usually offer lower prices for customers who take steps to reduce risks and make managing policies easier.
These are examples of some of the things you can do to get insurance discounts when you shop around for San Antonio RV insurance:
- Vehicle safety systems: Theft-prevention devices reduce the risk of stolen vehicles and vandalism.
- Automatic debits or pay in advance: Insurers may give you a discount if you sign up for automatic payments or pay six months to a year in advance.
- Good driving history: If you have made few recent claims, you are likely to get a better rate.
And don't forget that if you insure other vehicles or a home with the same company, you may pay less as well.
Kinds of Recreational Vehicles
There are many different types of motorhomes. The type of vehicle you choose will affect your San Antonio RV insurance rates and plan choices:
- Class A motorhomes: These are the biggest RVs. They are both a vehicle and a self-contained home: Some may be the size of a city bus.
- Class B motorhomes: These are camper vans or conversion vans. They are similar in size to full-sized vans.
- Truck campers: These non-motorized vehicles sit on the back of a truck, sometimes providing a 5th wheel.
- Trailer campers: These are towed campers that are also not motorized.
In addition, an insurer might consider the way you use your motorhome:
- Recreational and occasional RV usage: In general, this means the owner lives in a fixed location and sometimes uses the RV for recreation.
- Full-time RV living: Many folks with no fixed address are turning to their recreational vehicle for full-time use. In this case, you would need to ask your local agent how to specify your home ZIP code on your insurance application.
- Commercial RV: Businesses sometimes use RVs in their operations. For example, you might have a business that rents RVs to the public.
Types of Mobile Home Coverage
When you're ready to insure your vehicle, you might select each coverage type individually or select a package of protection offered by your insurer that fully covers your vehicle:
- Liability insurance: This has to meet or exceed state minimum vehicle liability insurance if your camper is motorized. Otherwise, you can extend the coverage from your other vehicle's insurance.
- Collision coverage: This insures your property if the vehicle is damaged in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers your property from non-accidental damage caused by things like storms, theft or vandalism. Only comprehensive insurance will cover floods, a common hill country hazard.
- Contents insurance: This insures the things you keep inside your RV. This coverage may be more important in a motorhome than in a traditional vehicle because your motorhome is likely to contain more of your personal belongings.
- Roadside assistance: This policy option is not really a type of insurance, but more like a motor club. You will be able to call for help if you need your vehicle towed, a battery charged or a flat tire fixed.
Compare San Antonio Motorhome Insurance Quotes
Insuring your motorhome does not have to be time-consuming or difficult. Simply ask a local Trusted Choice member agent to help you select coverage and compare competitive rate quotes from a variety of insurance companies.