Are you looking to lower your homeowners insurance premiums or a better homeowners insurance plan? How much do you currently pay for homeowners insurance? Whether you have lived in Clearfield all your life or moved here recently for a new job opening, if you recently bought a new house, you would definitely need a reliable homeowners insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents can help you find a great homeowners insurance policy at the right price for your Clearfield, UT, home. Find an independent insurance agent near you to learn more today.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in Clearfield, UT?
Bet you are wondering what exactly homeowners insurance covers? Homeowners insurance provides coverage in the following six categories:
- The dwelling, which is the main house, and anything directly attached to it, such as a garage.
- Other structures that are not attached to the house, such as detached garages, fences, sheds, or guesthouses.
- Personal property, including furniture, appliances, electronics, and clothing. Curiously, the policy also covers property lost or damaged off-site such as at a storage facility or even with your child at college.
- Liability costs if someone is injured on your property.
- Medical bills if someone is injured on your property or injured by your pets.
- Loss of use coverage, which helps cover living expenses while the home is being repaired.
What Is Personal Liability Insurance and Why Do I Need It?
If you or someone in your household accidentally harms a third-party person or damages the property of a third party, personal liability insurance will cover you. This is known as “third-party insurance” because it covers you in case of a third-party complaint against you.
Personal liability insurance is an essential option to have as it pays for a legal defense in case of a lawsuit. It also pays medical and property claims for which you are found legally liable, up to the limits of your homeowners insurance policy.
At some point, you may find it necessary to add higher personal liability limits than your current homeowners insurance policy allows. Your representative can help find you a reasonably priced umbrella insurance policy. Umbrella insurance is a good way to boost all your personal liability coverage limits.
A few cases in which personal liability coverage might protect you include the following:
- A tree on your side of the property fell on your neighbor’s house destroying the roof.
- Your neighbor dried their clothes in your dryer, and they caught on fire due to a faulty breaker.
- Your neighbor’s kid fell off your trampoline and broke his leg.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Clearfield, UT?
The average price of homeowners insurance in Utah is much lower than the national average, which is why it is important to shop around and compare rates.
- National average yearly premium: $1,211
- Utah average yearly premium: $692
Averages only give you a rough idea of the costs for annual homeowners insurance. Homeowners insurance rates vary from one homeowner to another and occurs because rates are determined according to several of the following factors:
- Your credit score and claims history
- The crime rate and weather risks in your area
- The age, cost, and size of your home
- The type of home you are insuring
- The number of stories in your home
- If you are bundling your coverage with another policy such as car insurance or life insurance
Assessing homeowners insurance rates allows you to select the right policy offering the best insurance coverage to meet your needs, at the most reasonable price.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Does Clearfield, UT, Homeowners Insurance Cover against Catastrophic Events?
Your homeowners insurance policy is designed to cover you against many of the threats you face as a homeowner in Clearfield, UT. This includes a wide variety of catastrophic events such as wildfires and flood damage.
You will want to make sure you can repair or rebuild your home by setting your insurance coverage requirements high enough in the event of a catastrophe.
Catastrophic events in Utah:
- Number of federally declared disasters in UT since 1953: 46
- Most common reasons for disasters in UT: fire
- Average number of tornadoes per year in UT: 3
Residents of Clearfield, UT, are most at risk for damage caused by the following threats:
- Wildfires and residential fires
- Flooding and water damage
- Severe storms and lightning damage
- Wind damage
- Burglary and other property crimes
Residents living near waterways such as the Great Salt Lake are most at risk for flood damage, although flash flooding can happen anywhere. This is where an independent insurance agent can help you increase your coverage with a flood insurance policy.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover against Burglaries in Clearfield, UT?
The 2018 crime rate in Clearfield, UT is 140, which is two times lower than the US average. In the last five years, Clearfield has seen an increase in violent crime and a decrease in property crime.
The burglary rate in UT, and in Clearfield in particular, is much lower than the national average, which also puts you paying a lower rate of homeowners insurance.
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 homes in the US: 376
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 homes in UT: 315.3
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 homes in Clearfield: 215.5
If your Clearfield, UT, home is broken into, you may find some comfort in knowing your homeowners insurance provides reimbursement for your damage, as well as for any other property damage the burglars did to your home.
Home security systems are some of the most effective theft prevention devices around and many insurance companies offer deductions to customers who have home security systems installed in their homes.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover a Second Home or Vacation Home in Clearfield, UT?
If you are among the Clearfield, UT, residents who own more than one home, you will want to make sure all your residences are covered with a suitable homeowners insurance policy.
If you do not always live in your second home or vacation property, you will normally have additional risks that insurance companies will have to consider, which sometimes means that specific insurance products may be required.
- Second homes occupied by renters have a higher liability and property damage risk. These homes require coverage options offered by landlord insurance.
- Vacation homes left vacant for long periods have an increased risk of burglaries and property damage. Vacant home insurance may be required while the home is vacant.
Independent Insurance Agents in Clearfield, UT, are Ready to Help
One of the easiest ways to find a comprehensive homeowners policy is to work with an independent insurance agent. These experts go to work for you, not for a specific insurance company. This allows you to make sure you are making an informed decision as you shop for the homeowners insurance coverage options you need for your Clearfield, UT, home.
Independent insurance agents in Clearfield, UT, are excited to help. Contact a TrustedChoice.com independent insurance agent near you to get started today.