Alaska Snowmobile Insurance
Find the right snowmobile insurance policy for you.
Alaska, known for its beautiful terrain and diverse culture, is the state with the most snowmobiles. During the winter, many roads are impassable, making travel difficult. For many residents, snowmobiles are the perfect way to get to their destination. And while insurance is not required on these high-powered vehicles, if you have snowmobile insurance, you will have coverage for the high cost an accident can bring. The information below will guide you in getting insurance quotes and finding affordable coverage for your vehicle.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our search engine will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Alaska Snowmobile Facts
- In 2019, there were more than 60,000 snowmobiles registered in Alaska.
- You must have a trail permit to operate a snowmobile if you live in Alaska. You do not have to use a helmet, although it is advisable.
It's important to be cautious when using a snowmobile. You should always be aware of your surroundings, drive sober, obey speed limits and carry a fire extinguisher/first aid kit in case of an emergency. Snowmobile insurance acts much like a first aid kit or fire extinguisher by saving your financial life in an emergency.
What Snowmobile Insurance Options Are Available in AK?
A snowmobile insurance policy in Alaska will look much like an auto insurance policy. Snowmobile insurance offers many of the same coverage options and may provide the following:
- Collision coverage: If you're involved in an accident on your snowmobile, you can get the repairs you need, no matter where the fault lies.
- Comprehensive coverage: This insurance, known as "other than collision," can cover weather-related events or collisions with wildlife, trees or rocks.
- Bodily injury liability: If a snowmobile accident causes injuries, this coverage can help pay any medical costs.
- Property damage liability: If you damage someone's property while using your snowmobile, this insurance can help cover the costs.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: Unfortunately, not everyone carries snowmobile insurance in AK. If you're involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist, this coverage can help get your vehicle repaired when the other party is unable to pay.
- Accessory coverage: If you have gear or equipment that you use with your snowmobile, this coverage can help cover those items.
- Year-round coverage: This coverage works to keep your snowmobile protected year-round.
Snowmobile Insurance Quotes in Alaska
There is no exact cost for snowmobile insurance. On average, liability insurance alone can cost as little as $80 per year. If you opt for additional coverage, you may pay around $300 to $400 per year. There are factors that insurance companies use to provide you accurate coverage costs. When searching for snowmobile insurance quotes online, make sure you have the following information available:
- Make of snowmobile
- Model of snowmobile
- Year snowmobile was made
- Value of snowmobile
- Whether snowmobile is financed/owned
- Where snowmobile will be driven
- How snowmobile will be stored
- Your age
- Your credit score
- Your driving record
- Preferred deductibles
- Preferred coverages
Insurance companies will consider all of these factors before giving you snowmobile insurance quotes in order to provide the best coverage for your individual situation.
Get Snowmobile Coverage
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What About Extra Liability Insurance for Your Snowmobile?
Some snowmobile riders, especially those with a high net worth, are concerned about the liability limits of their policy. Even a small accident can cause massive financial damage. If there is a death or serious injury, judgments may reach into the millions. For those looking for extra liability insurance coverage, an umbrella policy may be the answer. Offered in increments of $1 million, this extra insurance will extend your liability insurance limits on most insurance, such as auto insurance, homeowners insurance, boat insurance, ATV insurance and snowmobile insurance.
Are There Discounts Available on Snowmobile Insurance in Alaska?
Just as with many other insurance policies, there are discounts available on snowmobile insurance policies. These discounts may include the following:
- Multi-policy discount
- Paid-in-full discount
- Good driver discount
- Good credit discount
- New customer discount
- Loyal customer discount
- Safety course discount
Each insurance company offers its customers different discounts, so be sure to ask about all available discounts in order to get the best coverage at the right price.
Protect Yourself with Snowmobile Insurance in Alaska
When it comes to purchasing insurance, it's a wise idea to have a knowledgeable professional by your side. A Trusted Choice network agent is always available to help you find the best coverage, guide you through confusing insurance wording or even help you file a claim. Contact a TrustedChoice.com independent agent in your area for quotes and coverage tailored to your needs and budget.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.