Broomfield, CO, is known for its miles of open spaces. This paradise is home to biking and trails, making it an outdoor delight. If you're one of the 68,341 residents, there's a lot to do.
When you drive the mountainous streets of Broomfield, you'll want coverage. An independent insurance agent can help with options on policy and price. Connect with a local adviser to begin your search today.
State Minimum Limits in Broomfield, CO, May Not Be Enough
Like workers' compensation insurance, your auto policy is regulated in Broomfield, CO. Coverage is mandated according to state law. Check out the required auto insurance for Broomfield, CO:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/ $50,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage.
State minimum limits are usually not enough coverage to insure a loss. They will barely cover a small claim. To have adequate protection, discuss higher limits with an expert. Another way to add coverage is through an umbrella policy. Umbrella insurance will give additional liability limits when a large loss occurs. Speak with a Broomfield independent agent to review.
Different Types of Auto Coverage You Might Need in Broomfield, CO
If you want more than liability-only, you'll need to add it. Protection for your vehicles and belongings are sold separately and should be reviewed with an expert. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers and 13.1% in Colorado.
- Gap coverage: This pays for the difference in your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Rental car coverage: This will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is hit by an unavoidable obstruction.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Tow coverage: This will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
Your car policy should have coverage for your autos and any belongings. If you're not sure how much your insurance is protecting, talk with a professional. An independent agent in Broomfield can go over your coverage so it makes sense.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How to Save Premium on Your Broomfield Auto Policy
Your auto insurance premium is calculated using a variety of factors. Carriers look at personal data and history to determine costs. Take a look at the rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Local crime rates
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Catastrophes reported
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
Local crime will be one item you won't have control over. Theft and criminal activity will impact your insurance premiums across the board. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.9
- Colorado average: 380.5
- Broomfield average: 210.5
Another way to save is to bundle your auto and home insurance with the same carrier. This will ensure that you get reduced rates up to 30% or more. Contact a Broomfield independent agent for more ways to save.
If You Drive for Uber in Broomfield, CO, You May Not Have Coverage
Most insureds are not aware that their auto policies will not cover rideshare or livery-for-hire services. This means if you drive for Uber or Lyft, you're without protection. Fortunately, a trusted adviser can help you find a policy that has the right coverage.
Commercial vehicle insurance will cover your exposures associated with business operations. When you're accepting payment for delivering people, parcels, or food, you have different risks. Talk with a Broomfield independent agent for quotes.
Why You Need a Broomfield, CO, Independent Insurance Agent
Car insurance in Broomfield, CO, should be handled by a professional. An independent insurance agent works on your behalf at no cost, saving you time and money. Since they do all the shopping, you can relax.
An independent agent has access to several carriers, giving you options on coverage and premium. You can connect with one of the local experts on TrustedChoice.com. Use the find-an-agent tool to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.