Castle Rock, CO, is a town of innovation. It's famous for the discovery of rhyolite stone and being an essential stop for the railways. With over 62,276 residents, Castle Rock is a sight to see.
When you drive these rocky streets, you'll want protection. An independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium. You can find a local expert today to begin your search for the right policy.
Why Optional Auto Coverage May Be Necessary in Castle Rock, CO
Your auto policy won't have coverage for your vehicles or any other additional perks unless you add it. Standard insurance coverage comes with liability only, and everything else is a la carte. Discuss your policy with an independent agent. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 13.1% in Colorado.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is involved in a non-collision event such as a hailstorm, fire, or vandalism.
Another policy you should consider is umbrella insurance. Umbrella coverage will give an extra limit of liability. When you have a more substantial claim, this policy will kick in. Contact a Castle Rock independent agent for quotes.
Does Your Castle Rock, CO Car Policy Insure Uber Driving?
If you're using a personal vehicle for rideshare or for-hire livery services, you may not have coverage. Uber or Lyft driving is prohibited on most personal auto policies. This means you'll be without protection when an accident occurs.
To have the right policy, you'll need to speak with an adviser about commercial auto insurance. This will protect your exposures when you're operating as a business. Get with a Castle Rock independent agent for commercial quotes.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Why State Minimum Limits in Castle Rock, CO Aren't Enough
If you're cruising with state minimum limits, you may be at risk. While liability only at the mandated amounts is some coverage, it still may not be enough protection. Check out the required auto insurance for Castle Rock, CO:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage.
If you have a decent-sized claim with low coverage, you could be out a lot of money to make up for the loss. Fortunately, a professional can review your car insurance policy to make sure coverage is accurate. Speak with a Castle Rock independent agent for details.
How You Can Save Premium in Castle Rock, CO
Car insurance premiums are impacted by a variety of factors. Personal data is collected and used to determine your costs. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Policy discounts that may apply
- The coverages you choose
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
While you will have control over some areas to help improve your pricing, others not so much. Local crime will affect your premiums and there isn't much you can do about it. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Colorado average: 380.50
- Castle Rock average: 100.70
Another way to save is by bundling your auto and home insurance. Your adviser can help you put your policies with the same carrier, so you get a 30% or more discount. Discuss more ways to cut costs with a Castle Rock independent agent.
How an Independent Insurance Agent Can Help in Castle Rock, CO
If you're searching for a Castle Rock car policy that won't break the bank, an independent insurance agent can help. They have access to several carriers, giving you options on coverage and price. Since they work on your behalf at no cost, you'll save big.
When you're tired of DIYing your insurance, get a professional. You can connect with one of the 252 local experts in Colorado on TrustedChoice. Use the find-an-agent tool to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.