Commerce City, CO, is home to professional soccer and industry. This town is part residential and part industrial. It's known for its local oil refinery, putting this place on the map.
If you're one of the 55,923 residents that drive these streets, you'll need coverage. An independent insurance agent can help with policy and pricing options. Connect with an adviser today to begin your search for the best and most affordable policy for you.
Will Your Commerce City, CO Auto Policy Cover Uber Services?
Contrary to popular belief, a personal auto policy won't have coverage for Uber or Lyft services. Rideshare and for-hire livery businesses are excluded from the policy. If you need to make some extra cash, you'll want the right protection.
Commercial auto insurance will provide coverage for your business exposures. When you're transporting people, parcels, or food, you need business insurance. Get with a Commerce City independent agent about your commercial insurance needs.
Why You Might Need Optional Car Coverage in Commerce City, CO
Your car insurance policy will come with a lot of options. For some coverage, you'll need to have an agent add it if you want the right protection. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged by a non-collision event such as a hailstorm or vandalism.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance on your car and its market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers and 13.3% in Colorado.
Your car coverage should have insurance for all the what-ifs. To make sure that you're getting the right policy, find a professional. An independent agent in Commerce City can help.
Different Ways You Can Save on Your Commerce City, CO Car Policy
Car insurance is personalized to each insured. When you're trying to lower costs, you may want to consult a professional. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
There are things you can improve to get your pricing reduced. Other factors are outside of your control. Local crime is one thing that you won't be able to change. In the meantime, let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Colorado average: 380.50
- Commerce City average: 567.2
If you want to see savings instantly, consider bundling your auto and home insurance. When you put your policies with the same carrier, you'll get significant discounts on coverage. Discuss more ways to save with an independent agent.
Why State Minimum Limits Are Not Enough in Commerce City, CO
Like most states, auto insurance is regulated in Commerce City, CO. Similar to worker's compensation, you are mandated to carry a certain amount to drive. Check out the required auto insurance for Commerce City, CO:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage.
Since the average cost of a vehicle is over $36,000, you might want to have insurance that will cover a loss. With state minimum limits, you could be at risk when a more substantial claim occurs. Speak with a Commerce City independent agent to review.
How to Connect with a Commerce City, CO Independent Agent
Your auto policy needs to have coverage for all the what-ifs in life. When you DIY your insurance, you could be missing essential items. Get with an independent insurance agent for options on coverage and pricing.
They have access to several carriers, saving you the hassle of shopping yourself. An independent agent works on your behalf at no cost to you. Go to TrustedChoice to connect with one of the 252 local advisers in Colorado.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.