Littleton, CO, is home to arts and culture. It has a hand in music with the local symphony and the Town Hall Arts Center. This city is high on the list of quality places to live.
If you're one of the 47,734 residents that use the diverse streets, you'll want protection. An independent insurance agent can help with coverage and rates. Connect with a local expert today to begin your search.
When Optional Coverage Should Be Added in Littleton, CO
Car insurance in Littleton will have your liability coverage only until you add other protection. If you're looking to have the right policy, get an independent agent to review. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers and 13.3% in Colorado.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged by a non-collision event like a fire or vandalism.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining car loan balance and the car's market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
Your policy should have protection for all the critical coverages concerning your autos. When you have numerous options to choose from, you'll need an adviser. Connect with a Littleton independent agent for coverage details.
Does Your Littleton, CO Car Insurance Cover for Uber Driving?
Personal auto insurance won't have coverage for rideshare or for-hire livery services. Since Uber and Lyft are a business that you are making money from, you'll need a different policy type. Fortunately, an independent agent can help.
Commercial auto insurance will give you coverage for any business exposures you may have while driving. That means if you're transporting people, parcels, or food, this policy can cover it. Get with a Littleton independent agent to discuss your options.
Why Your State Minimum Insurance May Not Cover It in Littleton, CO
When you have state minimum limits because the law requires it, you could be missing key coverage. Mandated insurance is where you start, but it doesn't mean you can't have more protection. Check out the required auto insurance for Littleton, CO:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage.
With the cost of vehicles being over $36,000 on average, you'll need better coverage for a loss. An adviser may recommend umbrella insurance to be fully protected. This will kick in when a loss exceeds your underlying limits. Speak with an independent agent in Littleton for quotes.
Ways You Can Save on Littleton, CO Car Insurance
Insurance companies will use personal data to determine costs. That means you'll have control over your premiums. An independent agent can show you where to save. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
Crime is one factor you won't be able to control, but it will impact your pricing. The higher the crime, the more your insurance will cost. In the meantime, let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Colorado average: 380.50
- Littleton average: 417.40
With the average theft rate being almost double the national figure, you might have more expensive insurance. Speak with an adviser on bundling your auto and home insurance through the same carrier. This will cut costs by 30% or more. Get with a Littleton independent agent for details.
How to Connect with a Littleton, CO Independent Agent
Your car coverage is important. An independent insurance agent can help find a policy to suit your needs without breaking the bank. Since they work with multiple markets, you'll have options on coverage and price.
An independent agent does all the shopping for you at no cost. To connect with one of the 252 local experts in Colorado, go to TrustedChoice. They have a find-an-agent tool to get you started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.