Parker, CO, is known for its family-friendly atmosphere and charming downtown. It's close to Denver, making it the best of small-town living with big city access. With over 54,202 residents, you'll be right at home.
If you drive these western-inspired streets, you'll need car coverage. An independent insurance agent can help you find a policy to match. Get with a local expert to begin your policy search today.
Why Optional Car Coverage Is a Good Idea in Parker, CO
Car insurance has optional coverages you can choose from. If you don't add these additional coverages, you'll have liability only. Get with an independent agent to review. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining car loan balance and the car's market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged by a non-collision event like a fire or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 13.1% in Colorado.
Whether you drive an SUV or an ATV, you'll need protection for all the what-ifs. Another way to add coverage is through umbrella insurance. An umbrella policy will give additional liability limits when a more substantial loss occurs. Speak with a Parker independent agent for quotes.
Are Your Parker, CO Auto Liability Limits Too Low?
Car insurance is mandated in Parker, CO. Like worker's compensation insurance, you'll need to carry specific limits to comply with state law. Check out the required auto insurance for Parker CO:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $15,000 property damage.
When an average vehicle costs over $36,000, state minimum limits are barely enough to cover one car. To avoid paying out of pocket, get a professional. An independent agent can review your policies for free.
How to Save Premium on Your Parker, CO Car Policy
Insurance companies look at numerous factors when rating your policy. Personal data can decrease your costs or increase them. Get with an independent agent to find out how you can start saving. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your driving record
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates
Some things that will impact your pricing can be improved for better rates. Local crime is one factor that can't be changed and affects your costs. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Colorado average: 380.50
- Parker average: 115.20
To get instant savings, try bundling. When you bundle your car and home insurance with the same carrier, you'll get a 30% or more discount. Speak with a Parker independent agent for more ideas.
If You Drive for Uber in Parker, CO, You May Not Be Covered
Personal auto insurance won't cover rideshare or for-hire livery services. When you're trying to make some extra cash by using your vehicle for Uber services, you could be at risk. A local adviser can help you get the right policy in place.
Commercial auto insurance will provide the protection you need to run your rideshare business. When you're operating a side hustle for income, you'll need specific coverages. Contact a Parker independent agent for commercial insurance quotes.
Why You Need a Parker, CO Independent Insurance Agent
If you're searching for the best auto coverage on the market, an independent insurance agent can help. They work with several carriers, giving you options on policy and price. Since they do all the shopping on your behalf at no cost, you'll save time.
To avoid all the hassle of comparing rates and coverage, contact a professional. You can get with one of the 252 Colorado agents on TrustedChoice. Use the find-an-agent tool to connect with an expert.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.