Idaho Mobile Home Insurance
Find the right mobile home insurance policy for you.
Idaho has a vast offering of both outdoor and urban activities, making it the perfect place to call home. Whether your home is rural or suburban, a mobile home or manufactured home may be your chosen type of residence. If you own a mobile home or a manufactured home, you may believe that insurance for these types of residences is impossible to get. However, there are many mobile home insurance options available. This insurance is important to have in order to protect your home from disasters such as fire, wind, and theft.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Mobile Home Statistics
- An average of 22,000 fires occur in mobile homes every year, injuring 1,000 people and killing 500.
- More than 10% of Idaho residents live in mobile homes, making it the second most popular type of residence in the state.
- During previous years, fires in mobile homes caused more than $179 million in property damage.
- Fire deaths are twice as high in mobile homes as in traditional homes.
While newer homes seem to have a much better track record for fire safety, older, outdated mobile homes or modular homes sometimes are prone to fire damage. Generally, the materials used in the construction of manufactured homes leave them more vulnerable to fire compared to traditional homes. This makes a strong case for the value of mobile home insurance, which can give you peace of mind because no matter what happens, your mobile home and its belongings are covered.
What is Mobile Home Insurance?
Mobile home insurance is a set of policies tailor-made to cover your mobile home and your belongings in case of a disaster or theft. Typically, a mobile or manufactured home insurance policy may include the following:
- Liability: Liability insurance provides a financial cushion if you are sued for property damage or bodily injury to a third party on your property or inside your mobile home. It's designed to either pay for the repair/replacement of the third party property, pay for the medical treatment of third party bodily injuries, and/or pay for your legal defense if you are sued for liability for these damages.
- Property damage: Property damage coverage will cover your mobile home against loss stemming from fire, wind, rain, or vandalism up to the limits set on your policy. Flood insurance is available as a separate policy - so if you're interested in that coverage, make sure you speak to your agent about it.
- Personal property: Personal property insurance protects your personal belongings inside the mobile home in case of fire, earthquake, wind, rain, or vandalism.
- Medical payments: Accidents happen. Medical payment insurance is important, as it can help pay for medical costs associated with an accident on your property.
Get Mobile Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Mobile, Manufactured, and Modular Homes Explained
Mobile homes and manufactured homes are two terms that describe factory-built housing. HUD developed the term "manufactured home" in 1976 after the agency created new standards for construction. Both mobile and manufactured homes are built in a factory and then delivered to a lot or to the desired location, then anchored to the ground.
On the other hand, modular homes are a bit different. The elements of the home are created in a factory in "modules", then they are transported to the building site. Because modular homes are built on a site and anchored to a foundation, not just to the ground, some insurance agencies insure them similarly to traditional houses. Whether your home is a modular home or a manufactured home, you need insurance covering damage to your home and its belongings. Just a simple kitchen fire or windstorm can cause major damage or complete loss, and starting from scratch is expensive.
How Much Is a Mobile Home Insurance Quote in Idaho?
Mobile home insurance varies in cost, and many factors are considered before giving you a quote. Generally speaking, insurance companies view mobile homes similarly to cars - which is to say, the mobile home generally depreciates over time, so the cost to insure the home may also decrease over time. Site built homes and modular homes in some cases may get more expensive to insure over time due to the fact that the property and the home may increase in value over the course of time.
When shopping for mobile home insurance, be sure to have the following information available for your agent:
- Age of mobile home
- Size of mobile home
- Whether home is anchored to foundation slabs
- Any security systems installed
- Is home used seasonally or is it a primary residence?
- Will the home be moved?
- Location of a mobile home
- Value of belongings
- Coverage limits preferred
- Deductible preferred
These are just a few of the questions that insurance agents may ask before giving you a quote for mobile home insurance in ID.
How Do I Get Mobile Home Insurance in Idaho?
Mobile home insurance may seem confusing, or you may have heard that it's impossible to insure a mobile home. Either way, it's important to have a professional on your side to help you get the right coverage. Our independent insurance agents are always available to help you discuss coverages, answer questions, or even help you file a claim. They have years of experience working with ID insurance providers, enabling them to find you a number of quotes from a variety of companies.
Contact an agent near you today to find the best mobile home coverage at the most affordable rates.