With over 40,000 residents, Hutchinson sits peacefully on the Kansas prairie. If you own a home here, you know that it can be risky when natural disasters occur. Protect your property with a reliable homeowners insurance policy.
Let an independent insurance agent help you find the best coverage for your Hutchinson home. Find an insurance agent near you to learn more and to start comparing customized home insurance policies.
What Will Your Hutchinson, KS, Homeowners Insurance Do for You?
Your home insurance policy will protect you from a financial loss that comes with property crimes, weather damage, fire, and liability claims. If you have a mortgage on your home, most likely your mortgage lender will require you to carry a policy. Once you own your home outright, this coverage becomes optional, but with your home probably being your biggest investment, it’s a smart idea to protect it.
Basic home insurance coverage
- Building property coverage: This pays to repair the structure of your home and other structures like garages and fences after a covered disaster.
- Home contents coverage: This pays to replace your stolen or damaged belongings like clothes, furniture, and electronics.
- Homeowners liability insurance: This pays medical expenses and court costs for bodily injury and property damage claims if you are at fault and are sued.
- Relocation assistance or “loss of use”: This provides temporary lodging if the home is rendered uninhabitable because of a covered incident.
Does Your Home Insurance Cover against Property Crime in Hutchinson, KS?
The burglary rate in Kansas tends to be higher than the national average, and Hutchinson tends to lean even higher.
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 homes in the U.S: 376
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 homes in Kansas: 430.6
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 homes in Hutchinson: 877.4
With a higher chance of falling victim to property crime in Hutchinson, it’s a good idea to have a reliable home insurance policy. Your coverage will reimburse you for your losses as well as any damage the burglar may have caused.
If you own any valuable possessions, you may need to add special endorsements to your homeowners insurance policy. This is to ensure that they will be fully covered in the event of a burglary.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Does Your Hutchinson Home Insurance Cover against Common Disasters?
Your homeowners insurance will cover against most of the common risks you face as a property owner in Hutchinson.
- Number of federally declared disasters in Kansas: 79
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Severe storms
- Average number of tornados per year in Kansas: 96
- Average amount paid in home insurance claims per year: $537,799,000
When a covered natural disaster strikes, rely on your home insurance policy to protect you financially.
It’s important to note that your standard home policy won’t cover against damage caused by floods. This is the second largest risk you face in Hutchinson. You’ll need to purchase a flood insurance policy to protect your property from flooding. Let an independent agent help guide you through the process.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Hutchinson, KS?
Residents in Kansas tend to pay more for their homeowners insurance on average. In Hutchinson, the rates tend to be a little less than the state average. Yearly rates look like:
- National average: $1,211
- Kansas average: $1,584
- Hutchinson average: $1,548
Your actual rate in Hutchinson may be higher or lower than this average. Home insurance rates are formulated on a case-by-case basis. Each insurance company has its own way of calculating rates. Your cost for coverage will be based on factors like:
- The amount of coverage you are purchasing
- Your credit score and claims history
- The size, age, building materials, and value of your home (single-family home, condo, manufactured house, etc.)
- Crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code
It’s a smart idea to get quotes from a few different providers, and an independent insurance agent can do this for you. They’re not tied down to one carrier, so they’ll comparison shop for you.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Hutchinson, KS?
Independent insurance agents understand the risks you face as a homeowner in Hutchinson. These agents will make it easy to find the best coverage option available for you. They contact insurance companies and do the comparison shopping for you. Find an insurance agent in or near Hutchinson to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.