There are hundreds of businesses in the small city of Central City, KY. These range from coal mining and utility companies to accounting firms run out of people’s homes. Whatever your company’s size or industry, a well-built business insurance policy package can help to shield it from large financial losses when disasters strike.
Independent insurance agents can help you put together a comprehensive business insurance plan that provides your company with full protection against all of its potential exposures. Contact a local insurance agent for help finding suitable protection at a competitive price.
Central City Business Insurance Provides Liability Coverage
Liability insurance is a crucial part of every business insurance policy. It can cover court costs, legal defense fees, and financial damages if your business is sued for a covered event. All business insurance policies include commercial general liability insurance (or, CGL), which is designed to cover against some of the most common liability risks businesses face.
CGL's two most commonly used coverage components are:
- Premises liability insurance: This covers third-party injuries, illnesses, and damage that occur on your business property.
- Product liability insurance: This covers third-party injuries, illnesses, and damage caused by products your company produces, sells, or promotes.
Many businesses need to purchase additional insurance products in order to be fully covered against all of their liability exposures. Some of the many other commercial liability products that are available to you include:
- Employment practices liability insurance: This covers your business against accusations of perceived discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and other illegal business practices.
- Cyber liability insurance: This covers businesses that store sensitive customer information like credit card information and Social Security numbers in the event that this data is accessed by hackers and those affected sustain financial or personal damages.
- Environmental liability insurance: This covers damage and clean-up costs if an accident causes toxic substances used or produced by your business to pollute the air, land, or water.
- Liquor liability insurance: This covers the financial liabilities of businesses that sell, serve, or otherwise furnish alcoholic beverages in the event that an employee serves alcohol to an underage patron who then goes on to cause property damage or injure themselves or others.
Your local independent insurance agent can help you determine whether these or any other commercial liability products are a good fit for your Central City business.
Property Insurance for Businesses in Central City, KY
Commercial property coverage is included in all business insurance policies. It's designed cover your business-owned property against loss or damage caused by number of hazards such as property crimes, fires, windstorms, hail, tornadoes, freezing temperatures, and other risks.
- Number of federally declared disasters in KY since 1953: 77
- Most common reasons for declared disasters: severe storms, floods, and fire
- Average number of tornadoes in KY per year: 24.2
Standard property insurance does not cover against all risks. You may therefore need to supplement your coverage with additional policies such as:
- Commercial flood insurance: Commercial property insurance does not cover against flood damage, so this added coverage may be necessary, especially if your business is located near a waterway like Little Cypress Creek or the Green River.
- Inland marine insurance: This can cover your high-value portable property when it is in transit or at a job site.
- Bailee's insurance: This is designed to cover your customers’ property while it is in your business’s care, custody, or control, such as if you provide repair or maintenance services.
A local independent insurance agent will be able to offer you trustworthy advice about which policies make sense for your particular business and how much coverage is sufficient. That way, you can be sure that all of your company’s assets are fully protected.
Business Interruption Insurance Protects Central City’s Businesses
Major disasters like tornadoes and fires can be very damaging, not just to your business property, but also to your bottom line. If your business is forced to close down for an extended period so that repairs can be made, the loss of income can be financially devastating for many small businesses. Business interruption insurance was created to shield against this problem.
Business interruption insurance is designed to provide a continuation of income during the times your company experiences an extended forced closure due to a covered event. This insurance, which is usually limited to one year, enables you to continue to pay employee salaries and monthly expenses even while there is no income being generated.
Talk to an insurance agent in Central City for help determining whether business interruption insurance is a good fit for your particular business.
Employers in Central City Need Workers' Compensation Insurance
Workers are sometimes injured on the job. Whether your employees suffer a physical injury or they contract an occupational illness caused by exposure to a toxic substance in the workplace, you, as their employer, are responsible for covering the cost of their medical treatment and lost income. Workers’ compensation insurance is designed to cover these expenses.
In Kentucky, all employers are required by law to carry workers’ compensation insurance. There are a few exceptions. It isn't necessary to cover:
- Sole proprietors, partners, or LLC members
- Farm workers
- Domestic workers in a home with fewer than two full-time workers
- Maritime workers, railroad workers, and other workers protected by federal laws
- Independent contractors
For the most part, however, if you have employees, you need to have workers’ compensation insurance. If you have doubts about your company’s coverage requirements, you can consult an independent insurance agent.
The cost for workers’ compensation insurance is based mainly on the chances that your workers will suffer significant injuries based on the types of jobs they do. It costs more to cover a tree-trimmer than an accountant.
An independent insurance agent can help you secure a competitively priced policy through an insurance company that specializes in covering businesses that operate in your industry.
Employee Benefits for Businesses in Central City
Studies have consistently shown that providing perks such as paid vacation, sick time, health insurance, and life insurance can help you attract and retain a talented pool of employees. Finding the best insurance products to offer your employees, however, can be a challenge. This is particularly true when it comes to healthcare coverage, which can be expensive.
- Annual amount spent on healthcare coverage by KY businesses: $697,974,000
- Average annual cost of health care in KY: $5,077/person or $15,463/family
There are many different life and health insurance policy types and options available to choose from. An independent agent can explain the pros and cons of each of your various options and can help you review costs from competing insurers. That way, you can make an informed decision about which policies are the best options for your employee benefits package.
Let an Independent Agent in Central City Help You Find the Best Coverage
There are a number of different commercial insurance products you can choose from when you are building a business insurance policy package. This can make shopping for coverage confusing, especially if you're unfamiliar with the finer details of your various insurance options. Independent insurance agents in Central City can provide assistance.
These insurance professionals can help you identify your company’s exposures and can recommend the right insurance products to cover against them. They can also help you find the best policies at the most competitive rates. Find an insurance agent in or near Central City to start comparing customized business insurance quotes.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.