In western Massachusetts, Billerica is a historical area that offers more than just great museums and a gateway to nearby Boston. Its charming downtown, access to recreation areas and friendly community make Billerica, MA an ideal place for families to live in and for businesses to thrive. Numerous companies call Billerica home, and many more are planting their roots in the riverfront city.
But owning a business comes with its own unique risks. Our Independent Insurance Agents are available around the clock to help you find a comprehensive and affordable Billerica commercial insurance policy for your small business. We want to help you protect what you've worked so hard to achieve while you focus on the bottom line. What would happen if a client slips on the way out the door or a lawsuit lands on your desk after you provide someone consultation services? Liability insurance is a basic way to protect your Billerica small business. This insurance can be broken down into specific coverages, depending on your individual services.
- General Liability: According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60% of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30% said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. General liability insurance is the backbone of protection for your Billerica small business. It covers any injuries that may occur on your physical property and protects you from a slew of smaller incidences that can happen without warning.
- Product Liability: An Insurance Information Institute report found that 71% of product liability awards and 53% of medical malpractice awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. Don't let one product malfunction cause financial ruin for what you've worked so hard to build. Let an agent explain how product liability insurance covers any lawsuit-related costs.
- Professional Liability: If you're an architect, consultant or accountant, you need professional liability coverage. Also known as errors & omissions, this specific policy protects your small business against any associated costs that come with negligence lawsuits against you.
Business Interruption Insurance for Billerica Businesses
Massachusetts' recent Gross State Product was 1.6% — 0.6% less than the recent gross state product at 2.2%. You may not believe it, but your Billerica small business has an impact on state and national economic success. But what happens when a natural disaster or unsafe situation forces you to shut down company doors? Business interruption insurance compensates you for the revenue you should be making in the event of a closure. Talk to an agent about how to receive this additional coverage at an affordable price.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Property Insurance for Billerica Businesses
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Because Billerica is located in a coastal state, your small business faces greater property risks than many other areas. The biggest concerns are hurricanes, which can result in serious flooding, tree line damage, and window and roof damage. If a natural disaster rolls through, your insurance should respond in a timely and efficient manner — compensating you for necessary repairs or damaged personal property.
Employee Coverages for Billerica Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Massachusetts: $1,061,981
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $6,379/person or $17,424/family
- Average national cost of workers' compensation per employee: $612
It's difficult to find the right fit when it comes to health care for your hard-working employees. But considering Massachusetts has the 36th highest premium in the U.S., it may not be as expensive as you think. An independent insurance agent can help you find employee coverages that work for your specific business and take care of your staff whether you have two employees or 50. Health care, life insurance, and workers' compensation are all essential elements of comprehensive Billerica commercial insurance, so talk to an agent today about how you can get set up with the right coverages.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Billerica Businesses
Only 22% of small businesses have a response plan if a data breach occurs. Considering there were 5,116 reported identity theft complaints in Massachusetts in recent years, your Billerica small business can't afford to be unprotected. Cyber crime insurance protects you against today's rising technological risks and increasing number of hackers. Regardless of what kind of personally identifiable information you have, you need this extra layer of coverage to prevent financial ruin after an attack.
Our Independent Insurance Agents can use their expertise, resources, and experience to accurately assess your individual risks and find you a Billerica business insurance policy that meets your needs. Our agents will receive quotes from numerous carriers so you can compare coverages and liability limits. Choosing the right commercial insurance for your business is easy with an agent.