Fitchburg, MA, with a growing community and endless opportunities to chase your entrepreneurial dreams, is a great place to start a small business. With easy access to Massachusetts’ beautiful beaches and all the charm of living in a small town, Fitchburg has become a hub for small businesses over the past 20 years. During previous years, there were 615,775 small businesses in Massachusetts, providing employment to 1,404,234 people. Despite all the potential benefits of owning a small business in this state, there are still some serious risks. Recently, loss payouts to Massachusetts businesses reached $6,530,654.
Despite the risks, you can protect your company by investing in Fitchburg business insurance. Our Independent Insurance Agents can guide you through all of the commercial insurance options and help you create a personalized policy that will best safeguard your business against Fitchburg’s most worrisome threats. Liability is a death knell for many small businesses. A single lawsuit could ruin your business, so make sure you’re prepared.
According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt least prepared to handle this issue. By investing in general liability insurance for your Fitchburg small business, you can literally save your company in the long run.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. This kind of expense is devastating for small businesses, and it’s oftentimes a single defective product that can lead to this kind of legal disaster. Product liability insurance gives you a fall back plan so that you’re always covered even if you end up facing a lawsuit at some point in the future.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: Whether you’re a contractor, tutor or lawyer, professional liability insurance is important. Your interactions with clients might seem casual and harmless, but one piece of bad advice or one accusation of professional error and you could end up in a lengthy legal battle. Professional liability insurance protects against these types of lawsuits and pays for your legal fees and court-ordered settlements if you ever get sued.
Business Interruption Insurance for Fitchburg Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Massachusetts gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP was 0.6% lower than the recent GDP
Tiny interruptions can lead to a devastating profit loss for small businesses. If a flood washes over Fitchburg and your business property is seriously damaged, you have to shut the doors until you can make repairs. This interruption can lead to serious revenue loss, and it might be almost impossible to rebound. Business interruption insurance saves your small business by compensating you for lost profits at the end of the year. It’s a lifesaving option that can go a long way toward helping your business succeed over the long haul.
Property Insurance for Fitchburg Businesses
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Fitchburg’s high risk for hurricanes is something business owners simply can’t afford to ignore. With 27 serious storms ransacking the city since 1930, you have to stop and think about what you would do if your business property were damaged. Our Independent Insurance Agents can help you choose a commercial property insurance policy that provides you with the funds you need to make repairs if a natural disaster strikes in your neighborhood.
Workers' Compensation for Fitchburg Businesses
Workers' compensation is another vital coverage for small businesses, and it’s really non-negotiable if you have employees. This policy covers the medical costs and lost wages if an employee is injured on the job. A simple slip-and-fall accident can lead to massive lawsuits even if it wasn’t your fault. But workers' comp protects you from lawsuits while providing important benefits to your employees at the same time.
Employee Coverages for Fitchburg Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Massachusetts: $1,061,981
- Ranked 36th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $6,379/person or $17,424/family
Searching for health and life insurance for your small business can be exhausting, and the premiums seem to climb higher each year. Our Independent Insurance Agents can help you find affordable employee coverages by offering quotes on multiple policies. Take time to really compare the options, and talk to our experienced agents about which plans would be a reliable option for you and your Fitchburg staff.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Fitchburg Businesses
- 5,116 Identity theft complaints in Massachusetts in recent years
- Ranked 25th highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Most small businesses never stop and consider the potential devastation that comes with cyber crime until it’s too late. Research shows that only 22 percent of small businesses have a response plan ready to deal with cyber attacks and data breaches. Our Independent Insurance Agents can help you create a reliable fall back plan with the help of a cyber crime insurance policy. This type of coverage safeguards your assets and ensures that you recover your losses if a hacker empties your business bank account while you’re sleeping at night.
Finding the best Fitchburg commercial insurance can be a challenge, but it’s much easier with our Independent Insurance Agents on your side. Our experienced agents can guide you through the maze of insurance possibilities and help you build a customized plan that is designed to protect your Fitchburg small business. Whether you need liability protection, commercial property insurance or a cyber crime policy, our Independent Insurance Agents can help.
Contact an agent today to get your free quote on business insurance in Fitchburg.