Pittsfield has the distinction of being the largest city in Massachusetts’ Berkshire County. It’s a pretty town that’s home to multiple historic districts, several multigenerational farms, the Canoe Meadows Wildlife Sanctuary, multiple country clubs, and Pittsfield State Forest. Country Home Magazine considers Pittsfield, MA one of the greenest cities in the Eastern United States, while U.S. News determined that it’s one of the best places for single retirees not only to enjoy a peaceful retirement but also to find the companionship they crave.
Pittsfield is more than just an idyllic place to live. It’s also a great place to create a business. Forbes labeled the town the 61st best small town for business, just one year after Farmers Insurance labeled it the 20th Most Secure Place to Live in the United States. Don’t let the fact that Pittsfield is a safe community lull you into thinking that you can avoid getting Pittsfield business insurance. You can’t. Business insurance is something that helps ensure your business serves Pittsfield for a long time to come. during previous years, there were 615,775 small businesses in Massachusetts, providing jobs to 1,404,234 people. However, recent years have also brought some serious risks for business owners, with $6,530,654 paid out for losses.
The best way to make sure your business is properly insured is by contacting an Independent Insurance Agent. Our experienced agents are committed to helping you find the coverage that’s a perfect fit for your business. Every business owner needs to take liability lawsuits seriously. A single lawsuit can add up to several thousand dollars just in legal expenses, even if the case never makes it to court.
According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their biggest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt least prepared to handle this issue. Our Independent Insurance Agents are ready and willing to provide you with the assistance needed to find the best possible liability insurance policy and make sure you’re protected no matter what.
- Product Liability Insurance: If your business makes or sells products, you can’t afford to go without product liability insurance. According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. Very few businesses can afford to pay that kind of money out of their revenue stream. A reliable product liability insurance policy won’t prevent a lawsuit, but it will keep you in business while lawyers work to resolve the legal situation.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability Insurance: Just because a business such as a marketing or consulting firm offers a service rather than a product, it doesn’t mean they can go without liability insurance; it just means they need a slightly different policy. When you contact an Independent Insurance Agent, they’ll listen while you describe the type of services you offer and help you choose the business liability insurance plan that’s the best fit for your company.
Business Interruption Insurance for Pittsfield Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Massachusetts gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP was 0.6% lower than the recent GDP
As a coastal city, Pittsfield has a high likelihood of hurricanes, floods, and serious storms. If a major flood sweeps through the city and damages your business property, you have to shut down operations. If you’re in a rented space, you’re now at the mercy of your landlord to make repairs so that you can get back to business. In the meantime, you are losing profits every single day and there’s nothing you can do to really change things. If you have business interruption insurance, your business can survive this kind of disaster. Business interruption insurance steps in to pay for the profits you lose during a major interruptive event, allowing you to keep pushing toward your professional goals without feeling a huge financial loss after a disaster.
Property Insurance for Pittsfield Businesses
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
When it comes to Pittsfield weather, it’s important to prepare for anything. Since 1930, Pittsfield has experienced 19 different hurricanes, including Hurricane Floyd and Hurricane Irene. Even the most minor hurricanes can create costly property damage. The annual 57 inches of snow Pittsfield gets during the winter month can result in roof damage, ground damage and even flooding. The area occasionally experiences strong straight-line winds that can knock trees over and do substantial damage to buildings. A commercial property insurance policy ensures that you never have to worry about the cost of the repairs.
Workers' Compensation for Pittsfield Businesses
Workers' compensation is another important coverage for small businesses. If an employee gets sick or injured on the job, workers' comp steps in to cover the costs of medical bills and protect your company from an expensive lawsuit. In most states, workers' compensation is actually required for all companies that have employees.
Employee Coverages for Pittsfield Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Massachusetts: $1,061,981
- Ranked 36th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $6,379/person or $17,424/family
As a good employer, you want your employees to have the best health insurance possible, but with the way expenses keep climbing, providing employee coverages can be costly. Our Independent Insurance Agents can help you find affordable health insurance for your staff by offering quotes on multiple policies. You’ll have a chance to compare several different plans that are both good for your employees and easy on your budget.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Pittsfield Businesses
- 5,116 Identity theft complaints in Massachusetts in recent years
- Ranked 25th highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
As a business owner, you can’t afford to ignore the value of a good cyber insurance policy. Each year, hackers attack businesses, both large and small, over the country, creating all sorts of havoc and, in some cases, forcing the business to close its doors forever. Cyber crime is particularly problematic in Massachusetts. Small-business owners don’t seem to realize how devastating a single hacker can be since only 22 percent of small businesses have a response plan in place to protect against cyber hacks. Our Independent Agents will explain how cyber crime insurance will protect your files, your accounts, and your customers.
Selecting the best Pittsfield business insurance starts with a call to our experienced Independent Insurance Agents. Why try to navigate coverages, deductibles and benefit plans on your own without an expert on your side? Our caring agents will the take time to help your small business build a personalized commercial insurance plan so you can have peace of mind that you’re protected against all of the most common threats.
Contact an agent today to get a free customized quote on business insurance in Pittsfield.