Brookline Car Insurance
Find the right car insurance policy for you.
Located within the Boston metropolitan area, the town of Brookline, MA experiences a lot of traffic on its roadways. Whether you are caught up in congestion on Washington Street on your way home from work; weaving through traffic on Beacon Street while out running errands, or simply driving down Tappan Street on your way to cheer on the Warriors at Brookline High School, you are at risk for a motor vehicle collision every time you get behind the wheel of your car. Fortunately, when you carry a suitable Brookline auto insurance policy, you do not need to worry about facing large financial losses following an accident.
Finding the right insurance at an affordable price is easy when you work an independent insurance agent. These agents can provide you with a selection of customized Brookline car insurance quotes from a number of competing insurers. They can also explain your coverage options and answer any insurance-related questions you may have. Find an agent in or near Brookline for help finding the best policy.
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Massachusetts average cost per year: $1,460
- 16th most expensive auto premium in the U.S.
Overall, the price of auto insurance in Massachusetts is higher than the national average, and this makes comparison shopping to save money even more important. Of course, your actual cost is likely to differ from the average listed above because each insurance company calculates rates according to a number of variables such as these:
- The ZIP code where you live and where you park your car
- The approximate number of miles your vehicle is driven each month
- Information about the vehicle(s) you wish to insure, including make, model and year, as indicated by the vehicle identification number (VIN)
- The age, sex, and driving records of all licensed drivers in your household unless you wish to specifically exclude them from coverage on your policy
- The amount of liability insurance you wish to purchase
- The amount of personal injury insurance (PIP) you wish to purchase
- The amount of your deductible
Each insurance company has its own way of assessing risk and assigning rates. Therefore, when you compare an assortment of rates, you can easily choose the Brookline auto insurance policy that comes at the best price.
Massachusetts Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily injury liability: required
- Property damage liability: required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): required
- Uninsured motorist coverage: required
- Minimum liability limits: 20/40/5: Coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $20,000 for one individual, and $5,000 coverage for property damage
For residents of this state, driving a car that is not insured by a policy that meets or exceeds Massachusetts’s minimum coverage requirements can result in you facing some harsh penalties. If you are caught, you may face the following:
- A fine between $500 and $5,000, depending on the number of prior offenses you have
- The suspension of your vehicle registration and driver’s license for up to one year
- The need to pay a reinstatement fee of $500 to reactivate your license and registration
- Potential incarceration for up to one year
Perhaps because of these very strict penalties, Massachusetts has the lowest percentage of uninsured drivers in the county as can be seen in the following statistics.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Massachusetts
- Number of uninsured U.S. drivers: 12.6%
- Number of uninsured Massachusetts drivers: 3.9%
Vehicle owners in Massachusetts are required to carry uninsured motorist coverage, so if you are in a collision involving an uninsured driver, you do not need to worry about suffering large financial losses. Additionally, because this is a no-fault state, you must carry at least $8,000 in personal injury protection to cover medical costs incurred by you or your passengers as a result of a motor vehicle accident, regardless of fault. Because your own insurance is responsible for covering so much, it is particularly important that you get your coverage through a trustworthy and responsive insurance company.
Number of Auto Thefts in Massachusetts
- National number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Massachusetts number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 1.91
The rate of car thefts in the state of Massachusetts is lower than the national average, and it is even lower in the low-crime town of Brookline. In recent years, there were only 12 auto thefts reported in this town. That equates to about 0.20 thefts per 1,000 vehicles — well under the state average.
If your car is stolen, you can receive compensation from your insurance company only if your Brookline car insurance policy includes comprehensive (also called “other than collision”) insurance. This optional insurance also covers damage caused by such hazards such as falling objects, floods, vandalism, and noncollision fires. If you have financed the purchase of your vehicle, your lender may require you to have this coverage for the duration of your loan.
Find the Best Brookline Car Insurance Policy
If you are looking for an affordable Brookline auto insurance policy that will provide all the coverage that you and your family need, you may find it advantageous to work with an independent insurance agent. These agents can request quotes from several insurance companies in order to collect a variety of suitable policies that you can compare together. In a state where auto coverage is already rather expensive, there is no reason why you should pay more than you have to for your policy. There are several agents located throughout the state of Massachusetts, and some have offices in and near the town of Brookline.
Find an agent near you to learn more about your coverage options, and discover how easy it can be to find the best Brookline car insurance.