Away from the hustle of Boston, handy to Worchester and still close to it all. There is a lot going for Framingham, MA, located as it is near centers of commerce but still a distinct place apart. You know that life is good out here, but there is one catch. To get around you really need to have a car. That means you also have to have car insurance.
Our Independent Insurance Agents are well aware of the challenges, so they are your best first choice for car insurance. Because they can shop around the many agencies that insure in Framingham, auto insurance options for the lowest possible cost will be yours to compare. Car insurance is more expensive in Massachusetts than in most states. The figures from recent years show it:
- Across the U.S., people spent $1,311 per year for car insurance premiums.
- In Massachusetts, the average is $1,460 every year.
- This ranks the state 16th overall.
- There was a total of $6,530,654 in claimed car insurance losses that year.
Away from the wild and crazy streets of Boston, it gets a bit more affordable. You can expect the cost of your policy to be a bit less than the state average, but it still pays to shop around for the best policy that fits your lifestyle.
Massachusetts Car Insurance Requirements
State law requires every driver to have some basic insurance. The kinds of insurance are listed below, along with your options:
- Bodily Injury Liability: State law requires a minimum of $20,000 per person covered and a minimum of $40,000 total for all persons injured in an accident.
- Property Damage Liability: The state requires a minimum of $5,000 in protection against damage to any property in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection: This is also required for all motorists, with a minimum of $5,000 in protection against injury.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Coverage against uninsured drivers is required in Massachusetts as well.
- Comprehensive: This is not required. This is coverage that includes all of the above plus many additional features, including coverage of any damage to the car for any reason.
A comprehensive policy that takes care of anything may have many options for you to select from. These can include rental car coverage, which means that you are never without a vehicle, even when yours is in the shop. If you need to get around for whatever reason, this may be the coverage that you need.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Massachusetts
There are always some people who, despite the laws, don’t carry insurance. These are the figures from recent years:
- Nationally, 12.6% of all drivers do not have insurance.
- In Massachusetts, it is only 3.9%.
It’s not very common in the Commonwealth, but uninsured drivers are out there. Since you are required to carry insurance against uninsured motorists, your policy protects you.
Number of Auto Thefts in Massachusetts
One other piece of good news when it comes to insuring a car is that car theft is relatively rare in Massachusetts. These are the figures from recent years:
- Nationally, 2.94 out of every 1,000 cars are stolen each year.
- In Massachusetts, thieves target 1.91 out of every 1,000 cars.
With the low rate, you can be pretty sure you’re safe if you follow a few precautions and always park where it is safe. You may also elect to have comprehensive coverage if your car is one of the makes and models that are known to be targets for thieves, however. If you don’t have this insurance and your car is stolen or vandalized, you are stuck with the cost out of your own wallet.
Find a Great Framingham Car Insurance Policy
You need a car to get around Framingham and Greater Boston. The right car insurance is not only a matter of law, but it’s also the difference between having reliable transportation and getting stuck somewhere. No matter what happens, whether from an uninsured driver, theft or just bad luck on your part, you need the right policy for your lifestyle.
Talk to your Independent Agent today to find the right policy. Our Agents aren’t tied to any one company, so they will get you the quote that fits both your needs and your budget.