In 2019, Missouri had $7,615,718,000 in commercial insurance claims paid. When you run a business, there are numerous exposures. Chiropractors liability insurance can help you cover all the what-ifs.
An independent insurance agent will have access to multiple carriers so that you get options. They will work on your behalf at no cost, saving you time and premium dollars. Connect with a local expert for tailored protection.
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Cover?
There are several different kinds of liability coverage options. Your Missouri chiropractors liability insurance can come in many forms. Take a look at your options.
General liability insurance will cover
- Bodily injury coverage
- Property damage coverage
- Libel or slander coverage
Malpractice liability insurance will cover
- Assault coverage for claims made against you or your staff
- License protection coverage
- Damage to the property of others
- First aid coverage
- Legal representation
- Defendant expense benefits
- Personal liability coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Medical payment protection
Umbrella liability insurance will cover
- Additional coverage for bodily injury
- Additional coverage for property damage
- Additional coverage for libel or slander
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Not Cover?
Any business insurance policy will come with exclusions. Your chiropractors liability insurance is no different. Check out some standard chiropractors liability exclusions.
- Business property: This falls under a business property policy
- Equipment: This falls under an equipment breakdown policy
- Employee wages: This will fall under workers' compensation insurance in some cases
- Vehicles: This will fall under a commercial auto policy
- Floods: This is a separate flood policy
- Earthquakes: This is a separate earthquake policy
Even though your liability insurance may not provide a specific coverage, you might be able to find it elsewhere. There are many policy options as a business owner that can fill the gap on exclusions. Speak with a licensed adviser to review for accuracy.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Are Chiropractors Required to Carry Malpractice Insurance?
Medical malpractice insurance is a critical policy for any doctor. There is always a chance that you could injure a patient. When you're not adequately insured, you run the risk of being sued.
- Malpractice occurs when a doctor, healthcare provider, or chiropractor deviates from the medical community's usual standards and causes injury or death to the patient.
Missouri typically does not require malpractice insurance for chiropractors. If you want the right coverage, then you should take a look at this policy. It will help foot the bill for negligence as a healthcare provider.
How Much Do Chiropractors Pay for Malpractice Insurance?
The cost of your commercial insurance policies will depend on various risk factors. When it comes to your medical malpractice coverage, the price will be based on your specifics. Take a look at what affects your malpractice costs below.
- Your safety practices
- Prior malpractice claims
- How experienced you are as a chiropractor
- How your office is set up
- How much coverage you select
- What you allow your staff to do
- Your gross annual sales
In Missouri, there are multiple ways your business can be sued. Injury or death to a patient is a big one. Even if you're not at fault, you will still have to defend yourself by obtaining legal counsel.
How to Connect with a Missouri Independent Agent
When you're searching for the right protection in Missouri, consider using a licensed professional. Your business's coverage could save you thousands of dollars in legal fees. Chiropractors liability insurance is essential for any practice to obtain.
An independent insurance agent can help find a policy for an affordable price. They have access to multiple markets so that you get the best coverage in town. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com for custom quotes today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.