Drivers in Beatrice, Nebraska are required by state law to carry car insurance. This is because even the best drivers can sometimes find themselves involved in accidents. Whether you are involved in a minor fender bender on Court Street or a multi-car collision on Route 77, a solid auto insurance policy can protect your finances and cover your damage.
Independent insurance agents in Beatrice can save you time and money when you are shopping for the right car insurance policy. These agents can provide you with quotes from a variety of insurance providers so that you can find the auto coverage you need at the most competitive price. Find an insurance agent near you to learn more.
What Are Car Insurance Requirements for Beatrice Vehicle Owners?
As a vehicle owner in Beatrice, you are required to carry car insurance that meets or exceeds the state’s minimum coverage requirements. All policies in this state must include at least the following:
- Liability insurance: This is designed to cover third-party injuries and damage that you may cause to others if you are responsible for a collision. This coverage has two parts:
- Bodily injury liability: You must have at least $25,000 in coverage per person and $50,000 in coverage per accident.
- Property damage liability: You must have at least $25,000 in coverage per accident.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: This is designed to cover your damage and injuries if you are in a collision that was caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
While the minimum liability requirements may seem high, if you cause a major collision that results in serious injuries, your costs can greatly exceed what a minimum-coverage policy will pay for. In that case, you would be expected to make up the difference, and this can be financially devastating.
That is why many Beatrice residents opt to purchase higher-than-required liability limits when they buy their auto insurance policies. An independent agent can help you compare costs for different levels of coverage so you can find out how much liability coverage you can reasonably afford.
What Else Can Beatrice Car Insurance Cover?
In addition to the coverage required by the state, your auto insurance provider will offer a variety of coverage options that you can choose from. These include:
- Personal injury protection (PIP): This is designed to cover the cost of treating injuries sustained by you or your passengers in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage: These coverage options are designed to cover damage to your own vehicle. Collision covers collision-related damage, regardless of fault, while comprehensive covers non-collision damage. Each of these coverage types is typically required by lenders if you are still paying for your car and by dealerships if you are leasing.
- Towing and roadside assistance: This is designed to provide you with covered roadside assistance in the event that your car becomes disabled while out on the road. Your insurer will typically provide you with a phone number to call in an emergency, and they will then dispatch help.
- Gap insurance: This is designed to cover the gap between what your vehicle is worth and what you still owe for it if it is totaled in a covered event. This is particularly important for new cars, which depreciate in value rapidly.
- Rental car reimbursement: This is designed to cover the cost of renting a comparable vehicle while yours is being repaired due to damage sustained in a covered event.
You may also want to consider purchasing an umbrella insurance policy if you wish to have higher liability coverage limits than your car insurance offers. Talk to your local insurance agent to learn more about these coverage options and to discover how much each will cost you.
Is Your Car Covered Against Auto Theft?
The overall auto theft rate in Nebraska is lower than the national average, and in Beatrice ,the risk is even lower. This is not to say it does not exist. There are about 10 car thefts reported in this city in an average year.
- National number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Nebraska number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.26
- Beatrice number of thefts per 1,0000 vehicles: 0.74
Know that you can only be reimbursed for a car theft if your policy includes comprehensive, or “other than collision,” coverage.
Even though auto theft is not a huge risk in Beatrice, that does not mean you should skimp on comprehensive insurance. This optional coverage can also reimburse you for loss or damage caused by other risks such as fires, floods, falling objects, and vandalism.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Beatrice, NE?
Overall, car insurance rates in the state of Nebraska are lower than the national average. In Beatrice, average rates tend to be higher than throughout much of the state, but are still lower than the national rates. The figures below can give you a ballpark idea of how much a policy may cost you.
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Nebraska average cost per year: $1,086
- Beatrice average cost per year: $1,121
Your actual auto insurance costs will be based on a variety of factors ranging from the make, model and year of your vehicle to the driving records of the licensed drivers in your household. Rates can also be influenced by the amount of coverage you are purchasing and the size of your deductible.
Every insurance company has its own method of assessing risk and calculating rates. That is why comparison shopping is a good idea. It lets you chose the policy that gives you the coverage you want at the lowest price. Independent agents in Beatrice make comparing rates easy because they can acquire multiple quotes on your behalf.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Beatrice, NE?
Independent agents make shopping for insurance easy. A local agent can answer your insurance-related questions and can obtain a variety of quotes for policies that meet your specific coverage needs. Your agent may even be able to earn you significant discounts by bundling your auto coverage with another policy such as home insurance or renters insurance.
Find an independent insurance agent in or near Beatrice to get started.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.