In 2019, South Dakota had $2,227,477,000 in commercial insurance claims paid. When your business needs coverage that will protect against all the what-ifs, consult with an adviser. Landscapers insurance can be obtained in many policy types.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent will have access to multiple carriers so that you have options. They run your coverage with the best markets, giving you choices on policy and rate. Connect with a local expert for tailored quotes.
What Is Landscapers Insurance?
As a business owner in South Dakota, you'll be responsible for a lot. Landscapers insurance comes in many forms and should be reviewed for accuracy. Check out standard insurance options for landscapers below.
- General liability
- Commercial umbrella liability
- Workers' compensation
- Business auto
- Employment practices liability
- Business property
- Business inventory
- Business equipment breakdown
- Employee used vehicles
What Does Landscapers Insurance Cover in South Dakota?
In South Dakota, there are roughly 86,550 small businesses in existence. If you own a landscaping operation here, you'll need specific coverage for all the what-ifs. Your protection will be spread across several policies.
South Dakota insurance will cover numerous losses. The most common perils covered under a landscapers policy are listed below
- Natural disasters
- Water damage (not from a direct flood loss)
As a business owner, you'll have several different exposures. Some of the most common losses that your South Dakota landscapers insurance will cover are as follows.
- Coverage for bodily injury or property damage claim
- Coverage for business property and equipment in transit
- Coverage for hazardous chemicals used
- Coverage for your business property that is damaged due to a covered loss
- Coverage for your business inventory such as products
- Coverage for business equipment that breaks down due to a covered loss
- Coverage for employees who are injured or ill on the job
- Coverage for commercial vehicles used to operate the business
- Coverage for disgruntled employees who sue due to discrimination or harassment
How Much Is Landscapers Insurance in South Dakota?
The cost of commercial insurance in South Dakota depends on your risk factors and operation. Landscapers insurance will be rated on numerous items. Take a look at the criteria companies use when quoting.
- Loss history
- Experience level
- If you use chemicals
- If you have employees
- Equipment you own
- Local crime rate
- Local weather patterns
- Replacement cost values
- Insurance score
Will My Location Impact My Rates?
Most landscaping companies don't have a physical location. The majority of them will be charged on radius traveled regularly. Take a look at what could affect your rates based on your South Dakota territory.
- Local crime rate
- Local natural disasters reported
- Local claims reported by other insureds
- Flood zone assigned
- Property in-transit
- Radius traveled
The area in which you operate will determine your costs. The policy affected the most by your radius is your commercial auto insurance. To have accurate protection, consult with a professional.
How a South Dakota Independent Insurance Agent Can Help
The right policies for your South Dakota business are important. If you're found without proper protection, you could have a loss that puts you out of commission. Landscapers insurance will help your company run smoothly.
An independent insurance agent has access to several carriers so that you find coverage for a fair price. They'll do the shopping at zero cost to your business, saving you time. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com for options.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.