Tennessee has miles of trails and parks for ATV use. With an immense offering of outdoor recreational opportunities, the state has a large number of individuals that enjoy the outdoors.
If you and your family enjoy hitting the trails on weekends or while on vacation, you've most likely heard of the increased dangers that ATVs can have. Even small accidents on an ATV can cause huge damages. From property damage to physical damages, ATV accidents can get serious quickly.
Just like a car insurance policy, ATV insurance in TN is designed to help cover you from many of the exposures and risks you face as an ATV enthusiast.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
What is ATV Insurance in Tennessee?
ATV insurance is a group of policies put together in order to offer you coverage against the most common events and incidents that can happen while using your ATV. Your individual situation may lend you to need more or less coverage, but this is what a typical ATV insurance policy in TN may look like:
- Liability: If you are involved in an accident while riding your ATV, towing your ATV, or while carrying passengers, the damages you cause can become astronomical. Liability insurance can help cover those costs, including your legal defense and any judgments.
- Collision: Collision coverage can help cover any damage that your ATV incurs due to an accident, so you can get back on the trails quickly.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive coverage is much like automobile insurance. It covers events such as fire, wind, theft, hail, and arson.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist: If you sustain an injury or damage from an underinsured/uninsured ATV rider, you may be faced with paying for the repairs and medical bills out of your pocket. This insurance can help with those costs.
What Types of ATVs are Covered With ATV Insurance in TN?
Insurance companies know that there are many different types of ATVs. When deciding to shop for coverage, the following are some of the most common types of ATVS that can be covered:
- Utility ATVs
- Farm ATVs
- Sport ATVs
- Racing ATVs
- Three wheelers
All of these ATV types, plus more, are able to have coverage.
How Much Does an ATV Insurance Quote Cost in Tennessee?
ATV insurance rates vary depending on a variety of factors, including the following:
- Type of ATV
- Engine size of ATV
- Value of ATV
- Whether passengers will ride ATV
- Where ATV will be driven
- Whether ATV will be towed on a trailer
- Where ATV will be stored
- How often ATV will be used
- Your driving record
All of these factors, plus more, will be used to calculate an insurance quote that will offer you the best coverage at the right price.
Are There Discounts Available on ATV Insurance in TN?
Just like many other insurance policies, discounts are available on ATV insurance. The discounts may include the following:
- New customer discount
- Loyal customer discount
- Paid-in-full discount
- Lay-up discount (if you only use the ATV in the summer)
- Safety course discount
- Good driver discount
- Industry/professional association discount
Each insurance company offers its customers different discounts, so be sure to ask about any discounts you may not be aware of.
ATV Insurance Is Easy to Obtain in Tennessee
With so many people enjoying the outdoors in Tennessee, ATV insurance is important to have. When shopping online for ATV insurance in Tennessee, having a professional familiar with the ATV enthusiast lifestyle is important. A Trusted Choice® agent is always available to help discuss coverage options, suggest discounts, or even help you file a claim.