Dyersburg is located in northwest Tennessee, 79 miles northeast of Memphis. The city is a regional economic and cultural center for nearby residents of Tennessee, Arkansas, and Missouri. Dyersburg homeowners can sustain property damage in a variety of ways, from fires and severe weather to burglaries and vandalism. Even minor structural damage can be frustrating and expensive to repair. And if you’re unlucky enough to sustain severe damage to your home after a storm or a fire, where can you turn?
You need homeowners insurance in order to protect your assets should the worst happen. Having reliable, responsive homeowners insurance means having peace of mind in the face of unpleasant events. Independent insurance agents in Dyersburg can help you find the best and most affordable insurance coverage for your home.
Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Dyersburg, TN
Tennessee is the 22nd most expensive state for home insurance in the US. The average cost of homeowners coverage in Dyersburg tends to be lower than both the state and national averages. But that doesn’t mean you should pay more than you have to; it’s always a good idea to shop around for the best local rates.
- National average yearly premium: $1,173
- Tennessee average yearly premium: $1,149
- Dyersburg average yearly premium: $867
Comparing quotes from multiple insurance companies and making sure you are maximizing your discounts is the best way to make sure you’re getting the best rate on your Dyersburg home insurance. Your home insurance premiums depend on a variety of unique risk factors that are present where you live, such as:
- The size, age, and value of your house
- Whether the property is your primary residence or a second home
- The number of stories in your house and whether it has a basement
- The crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code
- Your claims history and credit score
- The amount of coverage you need and your deductible
Every insurance company has a different formula for calculating insurance premiums. They want to predict how risky you are to insure or how likely you are to file a costly claim. If your property’s location comes with more hazards than most, expect to pay more. You will also pay more if your home will cost more to repair or rebuild than others.
Burglary Rate in Dyersburg, TN
The home burglary rate in Dyersburg is significantly higher than both the state and national averages. This may lead to higher home insurance rates in some neighborhoods with higher-than-average crime rates.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Tennessee: 6.06
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Dyersburg: 15.74
Your home insurance is designed to reimburse you for loss or damage following a break-in, theft, or vandalism. If you live in Dyersburg, you have a greater chance of being the victim of a home burglary than residents of other cities. It’s important to protect your home from burglaries, and remember that having a home security system is one of the best ways to keep burglars out. What’s more, homes with burglar alarms often qualify for extra discounts on home insurance.
Catastrophic Events in Tennessee
- Number of declared disasters in Tennessee: 69
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Severe Storms and Floods
- Average number of tornadoes per year in Tennessee: 29.1
- Average amount of property damage per year in Tennessee: $1,153,112,000
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year
Homeowners insurance is designed to cover you for a variety of perils that can damage your Dyersburg home. Fires, severe weather, and break-ins can cause significant damage to your home, and without home insurance, you’d have to pay for repairs on your own. Severe storms and tornadoes are a real threat across all of Tennessee. An insurance agent can help you review your coverage needs and make sure your policy is sufficient to help you to rebuild, repair, or replace if necessary.
Liability Insurance for Dyersburg Homeowners
Your home insurance policy covers your home’s structure and your belongings. It also includes liability coverage, which is designed to help you pay for a variety of expenses if you are sued for negligence. If someone is injured on your property, your liability coverage will pay for their medical expenses related to the accident. If they sue you for additional damages, your liability coverage pays for your attorney fees, other court costs, and any settlements or judgments that you are required to pay to the injured party. Consider these examples of when your homeowners liability coverage can help you:
- A guest in your home trips on loose carpeting and breaks her ankle.
- Your child hits a baseball through a neighbor’s window.
- Your dog bites a passerby.
- You are accused of libel or slander because of something you posted on social media.
Learn more about liability insurance from your independent insurance agent. You might find you need more coverage than your home insurance policy allows. In this case, you can purchase a personal umbrella policy, which offers liability coverage beyond what is provided in your home or auto insurance policy.
Second Home and Vacation Home Insurance
If you own a second home, vacation home, or rental property, you need to have appropriate coverage for how each property is used. A standard homeowners insurance policy may not be sufficient for most second homes.
- Vacation homes may only be occupied seasonally or on weekends. These properties are often targets for thieves, and property damage that occurs while you are gone can go unnoticed for long periods and get worse. Vacant home insurance may be needed in these situations.
- Landlord insurance can help you cover the specific risks you face if you rent a home to tenants.
A local independent insurance agent can help you review the unique coverage needs of any additional properties that you own, and can obtain competitive quotes to make sure you’re getting the best price.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent?
Independent insurance agents in your city can help you find a reliable, affordable home insurance policy. Independent agents aren’t tied to one company, so you can be sure you are getting honest, unbiased advice.
Contact an agent in Dyersburg to start comparing customized home insurance quotes.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.