South Charleston Business Insurance

Your Complete Guide to South Charleston, WV, Business Insurance

When you need a local adviser

South Charleston West Virginia business insurance

South Charleston, WV, is home to an old naval factory from World War I and small-town charm that's sure to please. With a population of over 12,493 residents, you'll fit right in. 

When you operate one of the 113,410 small businesses in the state, you'll need protection. An independent insurance agent can help you find coverage for a low price. You can connect with a local adviser in minutes to begin your search. 

How to Insure Your South Charleston, WV, Commercial Property

You'll want the right business insurance to cover a loss. Most commercial property policies will only insure up to 80% of the building value. This puts you on the hook for the remaining 20%. To get the right coverage for your commercial property, speak with an agent about:

  • Year built and structural makeup 
  • Total square footage
  • Operations that occupy the property
  • Market value and replacement cost
  • Protective devices in place
  • Prior property claims

Common property risks in South Charleston, WV:

  1. Flooding and water damage
  2. Severe storms and lightning damage
  3. Hurricanes and tropical storms
  4. Burglary and other property crimes
  5. Heavy snow

Flood insurance — a separate policy you may not have

When you think of property insurance, you may be surprised to learn that flood damage is not covered. A separate flood insurance policy needs to be purchased to have coverage. Get with a South Charleston independent agent for quotes. 

Does Your South Charleston, WV, Business Need Worker's Compensation Insurance?

For the most part, worker's compensation coverage is required by law in South Charleston, WV. You'll need to have coverage up to the state-mandated limits. To avoid a penalty or worse, talk to a professional.

Worker's compensation is necessary to cover medical expenses or lost wages when an employee is injured on the job. An independent insurance agent can help you stay within the guidelines, so you have sufficient coverage.

Is Your South Charleston, WV, Business Properly Insured?

You could be out thousands of dollars if you're inadequately insured. In West Virginia, there were $1,699,944,000 in claims paid in 2019 alone. Speak with an independent agent to go over the following liability policies:

Employee benefits coverage — how to add value

There are 275,145 people in West Virginia employed by small businesses. That means there's competition to find the right staff. If you need to attract and retain team members, employee benefits coverage can help. It will pay for health insurance and more. It's a great way to add value and keep your staff engaged. Contact a local independent agent to create a plan that works for your business.

General liability (GL) insurance — your primary policy

When a lawsuit stemming from bodily injury or property damage is brought against your business, GL insurance will apply. While this is usually your primary policy, there are other coverages your business may need. To have the right protection, get with an independent agent to discuss limits. 

Cyber liability insurance — why you need coverage

When your business gets hacked, cyber liability insurance pays for the damages. Business owners often skip this policy, but it is essential to avoid financial loss. To get quotes, an independent agent can help. 

Business interruption insurance

Business interruption insurance will pay for your expenses when a catastrophe closes your doors. It can provide coverage for as long as 24 months. This will keep you from shutting down permanently. Discuss how to add this to your GL policy with an independent agent. 

How Working with a South Charleston, WV, Independent Agent Saves You Money

Your business needs adequate protection from all the what-ifs life throws at it. An independent insurance agent can help find a policy to suit your needs. With several carrier options, you'll have coverage for an affordable price. 

An independent agent works on your behalf at no cost to your company. This can save you time and money. Go to trustedchoice.com to connect with an adviser. You can use the find-an-agent tool to access one of the 109 local experts today.

Share this page on Twitter Share this page on Facebook Share this page on LinkedIn

TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green

©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.

https://www.city-data.com/city/South-Charleston-West-Virginia.html

https://cityofsouthcharleston.com/