Class A Motorhome Insurance
Understand Class A Motorhome Insurance
If you just bought or are thinking about buying a Class A motorhome, you will need the right RV insurance coverage to protect your investment. Your recreational vehicle is your home away from home, and in the event of an accident, hail damage or even theft, you’ll want to be able to restore your RV and get back on the road.
Rate quotes for RV insurance can vary considerably from one insurance company to another. To find an affordable insurance plan for your RV, contact a local independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network. Contact an agent today to compare Class A motorhome insurance quotes and get the right coverage for your unique needs.
Common Causes of RV Accidents in the U.S.
- Runaway trailers and inexperienced drivers
- Overloading or badly balanced load
- Poorly calculated turns
- Blind spot accidents and rollovers
How Much Is RV insurance for a Class A Motorhome?
A Class A motorhome is the largest class of RV on the road. These vehicles can be as big as 40 feet long, sleep up to 10 people and can cost as much as $200,000. The amount you will pay for Class A recreational vehicle insurance is dependent on a variety of factors such as:
- The value of the RV
- Whether you use it for occasional vacationing or live in it full time
- How much coverage you want for personal belongings
- The state you live in and where you travel to
- Your driving record
Motorhome insurance rates also depend on whether you are simply buying a conventional policy or are paying for extra coverage. Depending on your model of RV, you could pay as little as $500 for annual coverage, although the average premium is generally around $1000 to $1300 for a vehicle used 140 days per year.
How Much Class A Motorhome Insurance Do I Need?
The insurance coverage available for your RV will be determined by the insurance company you use. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you compare motorhome coverage quotes from multiple companies to find the right coverage for your needs. When comparing quotes, make sure you understand what is offered in each policy you consider. The coverage provided in a conventional motorhome insurance package may include some or all of the following:
- RV Liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage, in the event that you are responsible for an accident
- Collision coverage, which may include low branch collision
- Comprehensive coverage for loss due to a fire, theft or damage by another non-collision even
- Personal items (may or may not be included or have policy limitations)
- Roadside assistance
- Full time insurance if use your motorhome a lot
Additional insurance coverage features which you might need or want could include:
- Total loss replacement
- Medical payments to cover your injuries, or those of your passengers, in an accident
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- Accessories coverage
- Personal items replacement
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage
- Full timer insurance if you spend more than a certain number of days using your motorhome
- Tow vehicle insurance if you are towing another vehicle
- Storage coverage
Your agent can help you make sure that your RV insurance coverage meets all the requirements you need to properly cover your motorhome, including accessories and after-market add-ons, contents, special valuables and any towed vehicles.
Comparing Quotes on Class A Motorhome Insurance
Finding the right insurance for your class A motorhome is important if you want to enjoy your travels in confidence. Policies and costs can vary widely, so take your time and compare the mtorohome coverage that several different companies have to offer.
Many insurers offer various discounts, which can significantly reduce your annual RV insurance costs. You may be able to save money by bundling your RV insurance coverage with other policies such as your homeowners and auto insurance. You may get additional discounts based on your age, professional affiliations or other factors. Make sure you ask an independent agent about companies that offer RV insurance deals.
An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you to review a range of policies and options, comparing quotes to find the best value for your needs and budget. Find a local agent in your area today to find affordable Class A motorhome insurance to help you cover your investment and provide peace of mind.
« End of box »