Class C Mini Motorhome Insurance
How to Find Low-Cost Class C Motorhome Insurance
Do you own a Class C motorhome, or are you thinking of buying one? If so, you will want to make sure you have the quality RV insurance for it before you hit the blacktop for your next vacation or weekend jaunt. With quality Class C motorhome coverage in place, you will be prepared for a breakdown, an accident involving another driver or wildlife, and even damage from a severe storm.
To find out what kind of mini motorhome insurance is available, contact a local independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network. Independent agents are not affiliated with any one insurance company, which means they can look for the best Class C motorhome insurance quotes from many different carriers. Find a local agent in the Trusted Choice network today for help finding affordable coverage for your recreational vehicle needs.
U.S. RV Owner Statistics
Every insurance company analyzes statistics. They typically put together your personal profile and measure your information for risks, then offer you a premium based on how likely they think you are to file an RV insurance claim. As you start thinking about mini motorhome insurance, it might be helpful for you to analyze some statistics about RV use in the United States:
- 1 in 12 auto owners also has an RV
- The average annual income for RV owners is $56,000
- The average age of an RV owner is 49
What Is a Class C Motorhome?
A Class C motorhome, or mini motorhome, is distinguished from the Class A and Class B RV’s in the following ways:
- The vehicle is constructed on a cut-away van or truck chassis which also includes the cab
- The Class C chassis comes with the cab as made by the manufacturer
- The vehicle also typically has a sleeping compartment over the cab
- Has full living quarters for sleeping and along with a kitchen and bathroom facilities
- Can sleep up to 8 persons
These vehicles vary in size but are generally the size of a moving van. Some manufacturers are building Class C motorhome models that are extra large; they are constructed on a semi-truck chassis and can be as almost as large and lavish as a Class A motorhome.
How Much Is RV Insurance For A Class C Mini Motorhome?
Class C RV insurance rates for your mini motorhome will be dependent on the following variables:
- The market value of the RV
- The weight of the RV
- Whether you use your RV part-time or live in it full time
- How much the contents are worth
- The location in which you reside or use your RV
- Your driving record
Typically, most Class C owners will pay an average of $800 to $1000 per year to insure their vehicle. However, a more luxurious vehicle can cost up to $3000 to insure.
How Much Mini Motorhome Insurance Do I Need?
The Class C motorhome insurance coverage you buy for your RV should at least include the following:
- Motorhome Liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage
- Collision coverage to pay for the costs to repair your vehicle after a crash, which may include low branch collision
- Comprehensive insurance for non-collision loss, such as fire, theft and weather damage; note that covered perils will vary from one insurance company to another
- Personal items may be included, but likely are subject to limitations; however, additional coverage is typically available
- Roadside assistance and towing
- Full time insurance if you use your motorhome more than a certain number of days out of the year
Be sure to discuss your insurance requirements with your agent, as well as any additional coverage needs you may have. Every individual’s insurance needs are unique, and many people find that a basic policy is not enough to protect them financially. It is important to review RV insurance quotes before you purchase, and to read over your policy carefully so that you can be confident you have the best coverage at the best possible price.
How to Compare Quotes on Class C Motorhome Insurance
Making sure you have the best possible insurance for your class C motorhome is vital when you hit the road. The first step is to compare RV insurance packages and get help customizing a policy to your vehicle and insurance needs. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can assist you by providing a range of quotes from top insurance companies, and looking for all available discounts that could apply to your policy. Your agent will also know the insurance requirements in your state, and can help ensure that you comply with them.
Find an independent agent in the Trusted Choice network today to start comparing Class C motorhome insurance quotes so you can make an informed decision about the right coverage for you.
« End of box »