Lake Mary, FL Homeowners Insurance
Experts break down homeowners insurance costs, coverage, companies, and more in Lake Mary, FL.
Lake Mary, FL's median house or condo value is higher than the state's average, at $365,225 vs. $245,100. Higher property values make it even more important to have the proper protection. Without homeowners insurance, you could be left paying for property disasters all on your own.
An independent insurance agent in Lake Mary, FL can help you get equipped with the right home insurance ASAP. They'll ensure that you walk away with all the coverage you need to feel adequately protected. But first, here's a breakdown of homeowners insurance in Lake Mary, FL.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance is designed to offer protection in disasters, accidents, or lawsuits involving you, your family, or your home. Home insurance provides coverage for your personal belongings and your home's structure and liability protection if you get sued. Standard policies cover disasters like fire, theft, vandalism, smoke, certain types of water damage, and more.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in Lake Mary, FL?
In Lake Mary, FL, Homeowners insurance operates much as it does in other areas. While your policy may come with different coverages, certain standard types are often included, like:
- Dwelling coverage: This covers your home's structure or dwelling against disasters like fire, vandalism, and more.
- Contents coverage: This covers your stuff like clothing and furniture against many disasters like theft, smoke damage, and more.
- Liability coverage: This covers you and your family against lawsuits filed by third parties for bodily injury or property damage claims.
- Additional living expenses: This covers unexpected costs if you have to live somewhere else while your home is being repaired.
Talk with an independent insurance agent in Lake Mary, FL today to get equipped with all the homeowners insurance you need to protect yourself, your family, and your property from disaster.
What's Not Covered by Homeowners Insurance in Lake Mary, FL?
Home insurance in Lake Mary, FL provides a ton of critical coverage, but it also comes with its own set of exclusions, like:
- Natural flood and earthquake damage
- War and nuclear fallout damage
- Insect and pest infestation damage
- Routine maintenance costs
- Lawsuits related to malicious acts
You'd need separate flood insurance and earthquake insurance to protect your home against damage from natural disasters that cause flooding or earthquakes. Flood insurance is especially relevant for all residents in Florida to consider. Your independent insurance agent in Lake Mary, FL can help you find coverage.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Lake Mary, FL?
Homeowners insurance averages in Lake Mary, FL are higher than in the US overall. Annually, homeowners in Lake Mary pay about $1,951 for their coverage, whereas other US residents only pay about $1,211 on average. The state of Florida actually ranks second-highest in the nation for most expensive homeowners insurance costs.
The Most Common Home Disasters in Lake Mary, FL
Lake Mary, FL comes with its own set of unique disasters. A few of the most common home disasters affecting residents in Lake Mary are:
- Wildfires and residential fires
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Severe storms and lightning damage
- Flooding and water damage
- Burglary and other property crimes
Three out of the top five major home disasters impacting residents of Lake Mary, FL could involve flooding of the home stemming from natural water sources. Make sure to speak with your independent insurance agent in Lake Mary to get equipped with flood insurance to protect your home if you haven't already.
Cheap Homeowners Insurance near Me
Home insurance is not the place to skimp on costs. There are many reasons to avoid just looking for cheap coverage, including:
- Cheaper coverage might mean lower limits: Cheaper premiums can often, but not always, also mean lower coverage limits. Without a high enough coverage limit, you might not receive reimbursement for an entire claim amount.
- Cheaper coverage might have a higher deductible: Cheaper premiums can also often accompany higher deductible amounts. That means you'd have to pay much more out of your own pocket before your policy would start reimbursing you for a covered claim.
- Cheaper coverage doesn't ensure quality: Cheaper coverage can sometimes, but not always, indicate an insurance company that's lesser-known or that doesn't provide the same quality standards as others. Be sure to check customer reviews and official ratings of a company before buying coverage from them.
An independent insurance agent in Lake Mary, FL can help you find affordable homeowners insurance the right way, and also scout out any discounts you qualify for.
What Are the Best Homeowners Insurance Companies in Lake Mary, FL?
Home insurance is offered by many carriers in Lake Mary, FL. But you can go ahead and check out a list of just a few of our top picks for great coverage in your area, below.
|Top Homeowners Insurance Companies in Lake Mary, FL||Star Rating|
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Lake Mary, FL?
There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all homeowners insurance policy. With a wide variety of products and options at your disposal, you can put together a solid home insurance package that's custom-built for you and your family.
Independent insurance agents can help you choose the right policies and options to meet your specific coverage needs. Because they're independent, these agents can work with several of the best homeowners insurance companies in Florida to find you the right coverage at a great price.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.