Gainesville, GA, has been nicknamed the hospitality capital of the world. With its breathtaking landscape, this charming town has a lot to offer.
If you drive the mountain streets of 40,359 residents, you'll need protection. Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can save you time and money. Connect with a local expert to get started today.
Does Your Gainesville, GA, Car Insurance Have Enough Coverage?
Your car insurance is a crucial policy that could protect your finances. When you're involved in an accident without the right coverage, you could be at a huge disadvantage. Your auto policy will only include a low limit of liability, the rest you'll have to add. Take a look at what coverage is not automatically on your car policy:
- Medical payments coverage: This will pay for a smaller medical expense when you're in an at-fault accident
- Tow coverage: This will pay for the tow of a covered auto.
- Rental car coverage: This will provide reimbursement for a rental vehicle when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your car that is hit by an unavoidable object.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your vehicle in the event of a crash.
- Gap coverage: This pays for the difference between your car loan and your vehicle's market value due to a total loss.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses when you get into an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. The national percentage of uninsured motorists is 13.0%. In Georgia, the rate of uninsured drivers is not too far off at 12.0%.
These are just some coverages that an agent may suggest. Whether you have an SUV or an ATV, you'll need a policy that fits. A Gainesville independent agent can help find the insurance your car needs.
Is Car Insurance Necessary in Gainesville, GA?
The majority of states require auto insurance in some form. Similar to workers' compensation, it's state mandated to have car coverage. The minimum limits may not be enough to insure against even one accident. Talk with an adviser on how much liability coverage you need. Let's look at Gainesville's auto policy requirements:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
With the average cost of a vehicle being over $36,000, you'll be cutting it close with minimum limits. If you're at fault and there is more than one vehicle involved, you could have to pay out of pocket for a loss. Contact an independent agent to discuss your coverage.
Does Crime Affect Your Gainesville, GA, Auto Premiums?
Insurance companies use several different factors to determine your insurance costs. One of them is the crime rate. While you may not have much control over this item, there are things you can discuss with your agent. Let's take a peek at the theft rates across the board:
- National average: 228.9
- Georgia average: 235.4
- Gainesville average: 217.6
If you don't want Gainesville theft to affect your premiums, speak with your agent about bundling. When you bundle your auto and home insurance, you can save big. An independent agent can show you other ways to save, as well.
If You Drive for Uber in Gainesville, GA, You May Not Be Covered
Livery-for-hire or rideshare services such as Uber or Lyft will require you to use a personal vehicle. However, a personal auto policy won't have coverage for business operations.
The only way to have proper coverage for you and your customers is with a commercial vehicle policy. This will provide the right kind of insurance when a loss occurs. Connect with a Gainesville independent agent to get the business coverage you need.
The Cost of Gainesville, GA, Car Insurance and What You Can Do about It
Your car insurance costs will be different from your neighbor's. There are personal criteria that the carriers use to determine your rates. This will make your premiums unique to you. There are some factors that you can control to lower your costs. An agent can advise more in-depth. In the meantime, take a look at a few of the items companies use for pricing:
- The coverages you choose
- Your claims history
- Your credit score
- Your insurance score
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Severe weather and natural disasters
- Local crime
An independent agent can identify which areas you could improve upon when quoting your car insurance. Connect with a local agent to get the right policy premium for your coverage today.
Why You Need a Gainesville, GA, Independent Insurance Agent
If you're searching for the lowest costs with adequate coverage, an independent insurance agent can help. They have access to several carrier options so you can find the best policy.
An independent agent works on your behalf for free, saving you time and premium dollars. To connect with a local expert, go to TrustedChoice.com to get matched in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.