Rome, GA is inspired by the terrain in Italy, thus it was given its name. It is a prominent town of industry, shining in the medical and educational fields.
When in this city of 36,375 residents, you'll want car coverage to protect yourself. An independent insurance agent can access all the best markets, saving you money. Connect with a local adviser to get matched easily today.
How Local Crime Affects Your Rome, GA Car Insurance Premiums
Whether you drive a sedan or an ATV, your insurance is impacted by local crime. More activity in an area will determine your rates. An independent agent can help find ways to offset costs. Let's take a look at the facts:
- National average theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 228.90
- Georgia average theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 235.40
- Rome average theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 167.70
It's impossible to know how your premiums will be affected until you run quotes. A local agent can find carriers with the best pricing in town. Contact a Rome independent agent to get started.
Why You Need More Than Rome, GA Minimum Limits
States mandate certain policies such as worker's compensation and auto insurance. Their requirements are usually low, which means that even though you have the limits they want, you still may be without proper coverage. Take a look at the Georgia minimum requirements for car insurance:
- Minimum liability limits of $25,000 per person
- Minimum liability limits of $50,000 per accident
- Minimum liability limits of $25,000 property damage
Your vehicle policy's liability is too important to have inadequate coverage. The best thing to do is go over your limits with an expert. A Rome independent agent can review your policy and make suggestions.
You Could Be without Proper Auto Coverage in Rome, GA
While liability insurance is mandated, there are other coverages to consider. These coverages are optional but usually necessary to have proper insurance. Let's take a look at what you'll need to add to your auto policy:
- Rental vehicle: Pays for a rental car while a covered auto is repaired or replaced due to a loss.
- Comprehensive: Pays for property damage to your vehicle should you hit an unavoidable object.
- Collision: This will pay for the damage to your car when an at-fault accident with another vehicle or property occurs.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: Will pay for your expenses arising out of an accident with an uninsured at-fault motorist. Nationally there are 13.0% of drivers uninsured. In Georgia, there are 12.0% uninsured drivers.
- Gap: Pays for the remaining balance on your car loan if there is a difference in value when a total loss occurs.
- Towing: Will pay for the tow of a scheduled auto.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is essential, along with others on the list that are not automatically included. To offset additional costs, speak with your agent about bundling. When you bundle your auto and home insurance, you can save 30% or more. Connect with a Rome independent agent to discuss further.
Why Your Liability Insurance May Not Be Enough in Rome, GA
Liability insurance is state-mandated. However, if you don't have the right limits, you could have to pay out of pocket. To protect your finances, speak with an independent agent about the following:
- Increasing the current liability limits on your auto policy.
- Obtaining umbrella insurance for added protection.
Umbrella insurance explained:
Usually starting at $1,000,000 and going up depending on your assets, umbrella insurance will provide additional liability coverage. This policy applies when your underlying auto insurance limits are exhausted. Discuss your liability coverage and more with an independent agent.
How to Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Rome, GA
When you work with an independent insurance agent in Rome, GA, you get the best of both worlds. You will save time and money because they do all the shopping for you for free.
Since an independent agent has access to multiple carriers, they can find the best deals in town. Get matched with a local expert on TrustedChoice in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.