Atlanta has a very diverse population. The city offers many employment opportunities and many of the neighborhoods in the city’s suburban neighborhoods, like Sandy Springs, Roswell and Buckhead, are ideal locations to raise a family. If you have dependents, you may want to consider purchasing an Atlanta, GA life insurance policy.
When shopping for an affordable life insurance policy, you can turn to an independent insurance agent in the Trusted Choice® network for assistance. These insurance professionals can help you assess your coverage needs, answer your questions, and offer you a selection of competitively priced policies. Contact a local member agent to start comparing Atlanta life insurance quotes today.
- Life expectancy rates for males:
- Nationwide: 76.2 years
- Statewide: 75.0 years
- Fulton County: 75.3 years
- Life expectancy rates for females:
- Nationwide: 81.3 years
- Statewide: 79.9 years
- Fulton County: 80.2
An unexpected accident or a life-threatening illness can cut your life short. If this were to happen, how would those you leave behind cope financially? With an Atlanta life insurance policy, you can have peace of mind knowing that your family will be able to maintain financial stability.
Leading Causes of Premature Death in Fulton County
- There were a total of 5,600 deaths in the county
- Of these, 2,741 were residents aged 20 to 74
- Cancer caused 754 deaths
- Cardiovascular disease caused 716 deaths
- Accidents resulted in 355 deaths
How Much Coverage Is Enough?
This is one of the more difficult decisions you have to make because it involves a lot of forethought. You will have to factor in many different considerations including the size of your mortgage or other loans, the number of children you have, you spouse’s earning potential and the cost of your final expenses. Funerals today can run as high as $10,000. It’s a good idea to talk over all of the factors that could affect your family’s needs in the future with an experienced professional.
An agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you assess your coverage needs so that you can make an informed decision on a suitable amount of life insurance coverage.
The Different Atlanta Life Insurance Policy Types
Once you have decided on a coverage amount, you will need to choose a policy type. The policy type that is right for you will depend on your coverage needs, you financial situation and your personal preference. An agent in the Trusted Choice network can explain each policy option to you in detail. While each policy type has hybrids and variations, all policies basically fall into two categories: term life or permanent life.
- Term life: Term policies last for a specific amount of time, or term. Most people purchase policies in terms that range from 5 to 30 years.
- Pros: These policies allow you to purchase high coverage amounts for low prices. They provide coverage at the time in your life when you need it most.
- Cons: These policies have no cash value and expire at the end of the term.
- Permanent life: Permanent policies, which include whole life and universal life, last for as long as you continue to make payments on your premiums.
- Pros: These policies do not expire. They can be used as investment vehicles and build a cash value over time. You can cash out your policy at any time. You can lock in low rates when you are young so that you can enjoy low cost coverage as you age.
- Cons: These policies can be much more expensive than term policies.
How Much Does Atlanta Life Insurance Cost?
Life insurance rates will vary greatly from person to person, and could range anywhere from $25 per month for a term life policy for a healthy, young adult, to more than $1,000 per month for a permanent policy for someone over 65. There are many different factors that can influence the rate that you are quoted. Among them:
- Your age when you purchase the policy
- Your health status and medical history
- The health and medical history of your family members
- Where you live
- Your occupation
- Whether or not you smoke cigarettes
- The type of policy you purchase
- The amount of coverage you purchase
The insurance company you purchase your policy from. When it comes to life insurance, the earlier you purchase a policy, the better. Buying a policy while you are young and in good health allows you to lock in low rates, which is particularly helpful when buying a permanent policy. If you are using your policy as an investment vehicle, buying young can enable to you build up a larger cash value.
Often, people do not consider life insurance until they have been diagnosed with a serious illness. If this happens to you, you could have some difficulty finding an insurance company to cover you and your family, or you could face high premium rates for life insurance. It’s a good idea to buy early in life to save in the long run.
Compare Atlanta Life Insurance Quotes
Different insurers may charge different rates for similar coverage. They all base risks and rates on similar factors, but they have different metrics to measure risk. That is why it is important to compare rates before purchasing a policy. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network has relationships with several different insurance carriers and can present you with a selection of policies to compare.
Every agent in the Trusted Choice network has signed a pledge to provide exceptional service and ethical insurance advice. There are more than 22,000 member agencies in the United States, and many of them have offices right here in Atlanta. Find an agent near you to learn more; you can be comparing Atlanta life insurance quotes in no time.