The state of Hawaii sees slightly more home burglaries than the current national average. About 3.96 out of every 1,000 residents will be the victim of a burglary this year, compared to the US average of 3.76. A higher risk of burglary creates more need to get your home protected by the right homeowners insurance ASAP.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent in Ewa Gentry can help you get equipped with all the homeowners insurance you need fast. They'll help you get coverage against burglary and many other common and unexpected threats. For starters, though, here's a closer look at how homeowners insurance breaks down in Ewa Gentry, HI.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance is a type of coverage that can protect your home's structure, contents, etc., against many risks like theft, burglary, fire damage, falling objects, and much more. Standard home insurance policies also cover your personal liability and loss of use or additional living expenses. Home insurance can help you recover financially if a significant disaster destroys a valuable item or a large section of your home.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in Ewa Gentry, HI?
Standard homeowners insurance policies include four core coverages. These are:
- Dwelling coverage: This coverage can reimburse you for repairs to your home's structure if damaged or destroyed by a listed peril like vandalism or fire.
- Contents coverage: This coverage can reimburse you for replacement or repair costs to your clothing, furniture, and other personal property if it gets stolen, damaged, or destroyed by a listed peril.
- Additional living expenses: This coverage can reimburse you for unexpected extra costs like a hotel room, takeout meals, laundry services, etc. if you must live somewhere else while your home undergoes repairs.
- Liability coverage: This coverage can reimburse you for legal costs if a third party sues you for claims of bodily injury or property damage.
The most efficient way to get set up with a homeowners insurance policy that does everything you need it to do is by working together with a local independent insurance agent in Ewa Gentry, HI.
What's Not Covered by Homeowners Insurance in Ewa Gentry, HI?
Though home insurance is designed to protect you against many threats, there are some that it just can't.
Common home insurance exclusions in Ewa Gentry, HI are:
- Malicious or intentional acts against third parties
- Natural earthquake damage
- Pest and insect damage or infestation
- Natural flood damage
- Costs from maintaining the home
- Nuclear fallout and war damage
In Hawaii, it's especially important to consider adding separate flood insurance and earthquake insurance policies to your home insurance to protect your home from natural disaster damage. Your independent insurance agent in Ewa Gentry can help you get covered.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Ewa Gentry, HI?
Hawaii's homeowners insurance rates average $1,102 annually. Compared to the national average of $1,211 per year, residents in Ewa Gentry can potentially save quite a bit of money on their coverage. Regardless, your independent insurance agent in Ewa Gentry can certainly help you find a policy from a local carrier that's affordable.
The Most Common Home Disasters in Ewa Gentry, HI
Even your homeowners insurance isn't strong enough to actually prevent disasters. Residents in Hawaii deal with these threats more commonly than others:
- Wildfires and residential fires
- Flooding and water damage
- Severe storms and lightning damage
- Earthquakes and tremors
- Burglary and other property crimes
While your homeowners insurance can reimburse you for most of the disasters on this list, you'll still need to ask your independent insurance agent in Ewa Gentry about flood insurance and earthquake insurance to protect against them all.
Cheap Homeowners Insurance Near Me
Don't be too tempted by cheap homeowners insurance rates. Here's why:
- Low rates can mean a high deductible: Lower premiums may be tempting, but they may also indicate a higher deductible amount, which will leave you paying more out of your own pocket if you file a claim.
- Low rates can mean a poor carrier: Lower premiums can sometimes, but not always, indicate a carrier that doesn't hold itself to the standards of others, and may not deliver on its promises to customers.
- Low rates can mean a low limit: Lower premiums can also mean lower coverage limits overall, which could leave you out of luck in getting reimbursed for an entire large claim amount.
Ask your independent insurance agent in Ewa Gentry for even more reasons why it can be good to pay a bit more for your home insurance. They can also help you find the coverage you need at an affordable rate from a carrier who's reliable and consistent.
What Are the Best Homeowners Insurance Companies in Ewa Gentry, HI?
Worried about finding a trustworthy homeowners insurance carrier near you? Don't be. We've compiled a list of several of our favorite top-rated home insurance companies in Ewa Gentry, HI to start you off right.
|Top Homeowners Insurance Companies in Ewa Gentry, HI||Star Rating|
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Ewa Gentry, HI?
There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all homeowners insurance policy. With a wide variety of products and options at your disposal, you can put together a solid home insurance package that's custom-built for you and your family.
Independent insurance agents can help you choose the right policies and options to meet your specific coverage needs. Because they're independent, these agents can work with several of the best homeowners insurance companies in Hawaii to find you the right coverage at a great price.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.