Business insurance rates are calculated according to several factors such as:
- The type of business you are insuring
- The value of your company’s assets
- The number of workers you employ
- Your various liability exposures
- Your company’s claims history
- The amount and types of coverage you want to purchase
Coverage needs can vary significantly from one business to the next, so it is a good idea to work with an experienced insurance agent who can help you build a comprehensive policy package for your company. These agents can ensure that you are getting the right coverage for each of your business’s potential exposures while helping you avoid paying for coverage that is not a good fit.
Also, because independent agents can work with multiple insurance companies, they can search for the best price for each type of coverage you need. Sometimes this means building a business insurance portfolio that includes policies from several different insurance companies. Don’t worry. You will still only have one point of contact with your independent insurance agent.